• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 5
5 5

187 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Somehow I keep seeing these rounds like 15 minutes after the deadlines.  (shrug)

Between work and Sales threads I stink at getting my grades in.  

Sometimes NOT getting your grades in gets you a better score than getting them in.

(ie. Round 2 for me).

4 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

What are you guys seeing in the Ghost Rider that makes it grade so low? I mean, GR gets a 7.5 and Alf gets an 8.5? It must have been the squeal like a seal grade bump.

stain on ghost writer's cape, grease pencil, grubby back cover.

4 minutes ago, kav said:
9 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

What are you guys seeing in the Ghost Rider that makes it grade so low? I mean, GR gets a 7.5 and Alf gets an 8.5? It must have been the squeal like a seal grade bump.

stain on ghost writer's cape, grease pencil, grubby back cover.

Also on the back cover lower left there was a folders crease that is diagonal...

Greenham said assume everything was pressed, so maybe that is why cgc went easier on it. The fold, bend, crease is light and hard to see. (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Edge ware tanning on the back cover are some of the things I remember

I've seen worse edge wear on higher grade books, and I forgot that CGC was now more focused on tanning. My bad.

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Great job ! (thumbsu i have never had a double bull... seldom even a single bull

I get a lot of Bulls*** grades but thats about it.

4 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Yep.

That dark dust shadow combined with the writing on front cover, I pegged it at a 6.0

7.5 Wow. I always always ALWAYS forget to add in the GA-bump.

I try to then I go NO WAY-not this book!! :cry:

my mistake was trying to finish my grades while rushing to complete another task. I know better than to give that Marvel Tales the way over graded number like 6.5 but just didn't think when I pressed the send key. On the other hand, I might have dropped the Ghost Rider book even more. 2 points is better than negative I guess. That Marvel Tales book is really nice except for the back cover stains. Lessen learned-- grade but verify before hitting send.