• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blazing Combat #2 and #4 cover
1 1

27 posts in this topic

they are interesting one to price out.    Good date, published, and frazetta prices are so high right now.

On the other hand one image is better than the other and the better image is the smaller work.

I see #4 being in the range the auction house estimated and I see #2 going for more, maybe even double, is my 2c

The venue's effect on price is a wild card however.    Hake's doesn't have the customers Heritage does.

Edited by Bronty

16 hours ago, malvin said:

Well, they aren't really at 20k,those are the opening bids and there are no bids yet. 

Malvin 

Looks like there are bids on both now, with #4 at 20k and #2 at 24k

7 hours ago, Bronty said:

Well, it was called "War" not "Puppies and Rainbows"  :baiting:

The problem with that response  - is that - staring at a guy getting gored might be preferable to dwelling on an image of puppies and rainbows. now - rainbows and kittens on the other hand..

8 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

The problem with that response  - is that - staring at a guy getting gored might be preferable to dwelling on an image of puppies and rainbows. now - rainbows and kittens on the other hand..

Why not split the difference and show puppies and kittens getting gored?

On 6/22/2018 at 12:15 PM, Bronty said:

I see #4 being in the range the auction house estimated and I see #2 going for more, maybe even double, is my 2c

The venue's effect on price is a wild card however.    Hake's doesn't have the customers Heritage does.

#2 is a preferred image, I agree. However, if I am reading the description correctly the #4 is more than double in size of the #2, that may be a factor in the final bidding. 

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

#2 is a preferred image, I agree. However, if I am reading the description correctly the #4 is more than double in size of the #2, that may be a factor in the final bidding. 

I agree did mention that above.    I see the image on the 2 being so much better personally though that the size will get pushed aside.

Just now, Bronty said:

I agree did mention that above.    I see the image on the 2 being so much better personally though that the size will get pushed aside.

I love #2, that's perfect Frazetta action. Being 12x12 it's more than 20% smaller than a modern comic page though. If quality is the barometer alone it should well surpass #4, agreed. 

On 6/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, Timely said:

I like tank covers,  I'll bite the bullet & take the #4.  :sorry:

Me too, but I prefer less poetic license in the depiction.  I have no idea what tank he was drawing but it's not German.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, comix4fun said:

For any artist other than Frazetta, that might be an issue. But, I am not sure this will be.