• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2018 Green Eggs Grading Contest - Round 7
4 4

129 posts in this topic

I went 9.2 4.0

I actually thought the BA was a 9.4 but I factored in the wtf factor.  I almost did the same for the HOS, and if I had, i would be sitting on 10 pts.

Dont 4get the wtf factor, folks.

Edited by kav

8 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

I went 8.5 on the Bats. There's no way that's a 9.2 with that top right corner. (tsk)

I felt the same, but I need to remember they only give 8.5s to books like that if I am the one submitting them.  I should have bumped it.  :tonofbricks:

The BA 12 is definitely a book I would have graded 8.0 due to the URC corner crunches before doing a bunch of these contests. (I'm learning something!)
I went 9.0, which was not on the money but at least in the ballpark.

The HOS looked to me like a 3.5/4.0 tweener, but I went 4.0 because the inks looked pretty bright. I guess you can't give a GA bump to a book from 1963!  :makepoint:

42 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

I went 8.5 on the Bats. There's no way that's a 9.2 with that top right corner. (tsk)

+1
I was debating 9.0 and 9.2 until I noticed that corner. I almost went 8.0 on it. Very disappointing.
3.5 is low on the HOS. I went 4.0 but considered 4.5 until I looked at the back cover.

49 minutes ago, Cruzin' Thru Comics said:

1st guess on hos was 3.5 so of course I had to put 4.0. Thought the ba 12 could go 9.2 or 9.4. Went 9.4. I’ll  take the 6 points though. 

Likewise.  I had BG at 9.4/9.2 and the HOS at 4.0/3.5...went 9.4 and 4.0 feeling the rhythm of the bump...arrgghh.  Take the 6 points though.  :headbang:  Makes you wonder how people manage not only manage a double bullseye but multiple double bullseyes... hm