The Silver Surfer Collecting Thread
12 12

326 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2022 at 9:47 AM, alexgross.com said:

how the heck did i miss this INSANE result given the current economic climate and comics market?  it's an off white page quality copy to boot. very surprising. (it's a 9.6 if you can't make out the type.)

FFCA4297-0F6E-4FEB-A94D-DCB81E46E934.jpeg

WoW, I must admit, I don't follow that book very closely, but that price has got to be near if not THE highest paid for that grade and pq combination! Thanks for sharing that! Wow, just WoW! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, alexgross.com said:

how the heck did i miss this INSANE result given the current economic climate and comics market?  it's an off white page quality copy to boot. very surprising. (it's a 9.6 if you can't make out the type.)

FFCA4297-0F6E-4FEB-A94D-DCB81E46E934.jpeg

That is wild.  I'm happy to say I was able to complete the #1-18 run in 9.6, but #1 is the only one where I simply couldn't find white pages and settled for OW/W.  I don't know how many 9.6 WP copies exist, but who knows what it would take to win one if it ever came up for auction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 3:33 AM, Frisco Larson said:

WoW, I must admit, I don't follow that book very closely, but that price has got to be near if not THE highest paid for that grade and pq combination! Thanks for sharing that! Wow, just WoW! 

So few are coming onto the market, I'm not entirely surprised by the result.   Plus old label, a resub could at least see a PQ upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 4:16 PM, Microchip said:

So few are coming onto the market, I'm not entirely surprised by the result.   Plus old label, a resub could at least see a PQ upgrade.

perhaps, but judging from how creamy the cover whites are, i'd be a bit more skeptical. regardless, it's a phenomenally high price even if the book was owwp. last year at the height of the madness, there were two sales at 31k and 28k. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
12 12