• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ORIGINAL ART THREAD

175 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of picking up some art to an upcoming graphic novel. If you had money enough to pick up the cover or two interior pages, which would you pick? (Assuming you like all three images equally.)

I'm having a hard time deciding. Part of me wants the cover simply because it's a cover and might have better recognition. On the other hand, the two interiors are way cool and cost slightly less then the one cover.

Thoughts?

I'm having a hard time deciding. Part of me wants the cover simply because it's a cover and might have better recognition. On the other hand, the two interiors are way cool and cost slightly less then the one cover.

Thoughts?

Go for what gives you more personal satisfaction. If you like all three pages equally, then two pages are better than one!

I'm thinking of picking up some art to an upcoming graphic novel. If you had money enough to pick up the cover or two interior pages, which would you pick? (Assuming you like all three images equally.)

Thoughts?

Go for the cover. Always go for the cover vs interior.

Thoughts?

Hi James, I agree with Solar, given the opportunity and given that you like the images equally.

Are the interior pages full splashes or panel pages?

Thoughts?

If you are a flipper sure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thoughts?

If you are a flipper sure... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, not at all. The cover is the most important part of darn near every book out there. There are some cases where an interior page or two would be nicer to own than the cover (Hulk 180 anyone?), but seriously, value aside, I think that most people will end up regretting taking a pass on a cover to pick up interiors. When I own the cover to a book, I feel like that's MY issue. When I have an interior, its just another page from a series.

Thanks to a little visti to San Diego today I picked up;

The Thousand Deaths of Baron Von Doughnut #1 cover and one interior pg

Books of magick; Life During Wartime #1 pg24, #2 pg19, #3 pg3, #4 pg2, 17 &19, #5 pg12, 18 & 21

Lucifer #4 pg15, 17, 18, 21, #9 pg7, #18 pg2, 3, #20 pg19, #33 pg13/14 (two page splash)

Monarchy #5 pg20

And an artist proof from Cam DeLeon (go to his site, buy his stuff) thumbsup2.gif

Too many to post here, but they'll be up on my site in a few weeks.

Sunday when I go back I might buy some comics laugh.gif

Go for the cover, Definitely, and then buy a CGC graded copy to display next to it. It is cool to own an interior page, but nothing beats a cover(except maybe the examples stated above). What I would do though if you "haveta" have all three pages is ask the seller if he'll hold them for you on layaway. Most sellers I have dealt with will, since they then know the item is sold. You may not get your cover as soon as you want, but you;ll have a nicer collection for your patience.

Go for the cover, Definitely, and then buy a CGC graded copy to display next to it. It is cool to own an interior page, but nothing beats a cover(except maybe the examples stated above). What I would do though if you "haveta" have all three pages is ask the seller if he'll hold them for you on layaway. Most sellers I have dealt with will, since they then know the item is sold. You may not get your cover as soon as you want, but you;ll have a nicer collection for your patience.

You can do something like this (show the page framed with the cover of the issue it's in and the final published page) with any page whether it's a cover, interior splash, or panel page. I am planning to do this with my TOS 84 page:

TOS49p19.jpg

The interior pages are actually slightly better, but only marginally. They are three panels each.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the interiors. I don't think any of my original art pieces will ever be worth much more than I pay, so that's not really a factor. Sure, the covers are more noticible or recognizable, but I'm leaning toward the interiors.

Rhino, how much did that framing cost? Did you get a sun blocking glass?

I actually bought that piece framed by another collector so I don't know what it cost. But all the art I have had framed so far is archivally framed with acid-free materials and UV-protectant glass. The price varies depending on how elaborate the frame and whether you frame just the art or put other things in like that cover and page. If it's just a plain black metal frame you should be able to get it framed for about $100 or slightly less. With the comic cover and page included in the framing it's gonna get more expensive because they are cutting three windows in the matte. If you want a fancy, ornate frame around it, then that's more money too. UV glass is also expensive, but way worth it. Don't let your cherished pieces get ruined by unfettered exposure to light.

Well, my quest for killer pages from FF 40 continues, and I just picked up what in my opinion is one of the best pages out of the book. The images of Doom are absolutely fantastic! This now gives me 3 consecutive pages of the monumental battle between Thing and Doom, and this newest page kicks it off:

ff40p16.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

Well, my quest for killer pages from FF 40 continues, and I just picked up what in my opinion is one of the best pages out of the book. The images of Doom are absolutely fantastic! This now gives me 3 consecutive pages of the monumental battle between Thing and Doom, and this newest page kicks it off:

ff40p16.jpg

yay.gifyay.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

Great page...but where the heck are you finding all this stuff?

It seems like almost evey week you pull out another SA gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Great page...but where the heck are you finding all this stuff?

It seems like almost evey week you pull out another SA gem. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! I have been on a bit of a buying spree lately. But when something you've been looking for comes availalbe and it's the only one in the world, you gotta pull the trigger.

It's part networking, part begging, part luck, and of course selling the kids to the white slavery ring. *sniff* I'll miss 'em.

27_laughing.gif