• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ORIGINAL ART THREAD

175 posts in this topic

These two beauties just arrived today. All I can say is WOW! 893whatthe.gif Unbelieveable. I have worked on this for months and finally was able to score not 1 but 2 commissions from Bill. I mentioned the characters I liked and he did the rest....see attached. yay.gif

893whatthe.gifhail.gifcloud9.gif Sienkewicz ROCKS headbang.gif

Yup,

Take your art there and make Xerox copies on 8x11 paper. Easy way to track your art and to scan it.

I use my standard scanner.

I scan it in two parts and then use photoshop to merge

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but how do you people get these monster pieces scanned? Does Kinkos have giant scanners? confused-smiley-013.gif

I use a digital camera, take a pic (in RAW format) then crop and save for web in Photoshop. Faster than trying to scan multiple sections and piece them together. The image isn't quite as clean as a scan, but I don't have to take my art to Kinkos.

The Philly Forum Dinner Crew has already seen these, but I dont think I've posted 'em yet...

Todd McFarlane Amazing Spider-Man 311 page

857431-asm311.jpg

857431-asm311.jpg.3e5b5262211307381939b0b03b2646c0.jpg

I finally got sick of scanning my pages in THREE pieces, resizing them exactly the same than stitching them together, so I bought an 11x17 (A3) scanner off of ebay. Only ran me about $150 or so. The pages fit on there perfectly, one pass and I'm done. Definitely made a difference when scanning 250+ pages plus printed versions for my site. I have some pages(Large BILL WARDs) that are to big for the scanner and I did ask at kinkos how much a scan is. $60-$80 (! ! confused.gif ! !) a scan. Not worth it to me just to add to my online gallery. So I just told the guys that work for me that one of them needs to start dating a girl at kinkos. I'm still waiting for that. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

and while i'm here: Have a Pic

p.s.: still trying to get my CGC scans to not look like , though mad.gif

These two beauties just arrived today. All I can say is WOW! 893whatthe.gif Unbelieveable. I have worked on this for months and finally was able to score not 1 but 2 commissions from Bill. I mentioned the characters I liked and he did the rest....see attached. yay.gif

hey those are suh-weet. how much is a Bill S. commission, anyway? you can pm me in confidence if you'd rather not broadcast it

Unless you prefer not to say, may I ask how much Bill charged for the commissioned pieces? He IS one of my all-time favorite artists...

hey those are suh-weet. how much is a Bill S. commission, anyway? you can pm me in confidence if you'd rather not broadcast it

thanks! PM sent.