• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW ORIGINAL ART THREAD

175 posts in this topic

It's part networking, part begging, part luck, and of course selling the kids to the white slavery ring. *sniff* I'll miss 'em

you did the right thing ! thumbsup2.gif

and another outstanding page ! - i got some stuff coming myself, so stay tuned...

Mr. Donut is a VERY happy boy today. Huge huge huge kudos to Rob-React, who pointed me to Tom Fleming, who represents Greg Land. This page is in the mail to me as we speak. I paid too much, but I don't care.

uff2123.jpg

Mr. Donut is a VERY happy boy today. Huge huge huge kudos to Rob-React, who pointed me to Tom Fleming, who represents Greg Land. This page is in the mail to me as we speak. I paid too much, but I don't care.

uff2123.jpg

Nice page. Too bad it's Land. frown.gif

Now you need to go find the Land of the Dead poster he lightboxed it from and frame them side by side.

uff2123.jpg

Nice page. Too bad it's Land. frown.gif

Now you need to go find the Land of the Dead poster he lightboxed it from and frame them side by side.

I think he lightboxed it from 30 Days of Night.

Just got this framed. The one in the middle is the 2 pieces imaged, cut and pasted together. The ones on the outside are the original pieces. Frank Quitely Wizard X-Men # 94 Ace Edition. xmenquitley325tc.jpg

Steve,

those pieces rock ! - and put me down for first dibs if you ever move that Swamp Thing cover -

Flying Donut,

that Land piece is really nice. I think he has a unique style. very easy to spot a piece done by him.

I just posted this in the "Painted Comic/Fantasy Art Appreciation Thread", but let me re-post it here as well for posterity:

Well, it's not quite comic art, but perhaps it qualifies as fantasy art (just not the kind that involves swords or sorcery insane.gif). I acquired this original painting by pin-up master Gil Elvgren at auction earlier this year. It's entitled "Stepping High" (1964), is done in oils on stretched canvas, and measures 24"x30".

878373-ElvgrenSteppingHighMasterII.jpg

Here's the auction description:

"This is a GREAT Elvgren, a magnificent original from that wide middle period of Elvgren's career, done in that smooth, creamy style that we immediately think of when someone mentions his name. Elvgren paintings like this one are the paintings that every collector dreams of having on their walls! It pictures a beautiful brunette in lacey underthings, gray stockings and brilliant red high heels, stepping into her recently purchased, white, spaghetti-strapped dress. We first imagine that she is smiling in appreciation of some very intelligent man's thoughtful gift, but the presence of dangling price tags indicates that she is probably just pleased with her own exquisite taste. The young lady is exquisite herself. She has the face of an angel, brightly smiling, with flashing blue eyes and matching eye shadow. The title of this 1950's [sic] work is "Stepping High." It should be entitled, `Perfection.' "

Here's how it looked published:

878379-GilElvgrenSteppingHigh1964published.jpg

Here are a couple of Flash pieces I got from John Livesay in SD:DSCN1524.jpg

DSCN1523.jpg

Also, The cover to House of Mystery #243:DSCN1522.jpg