• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the F is going on with FF 1 ?
1 1

65 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2018 at 4:11 PM, zosocane said:

Lightning in a bottle twice, right?  It in the early- to mid-60s (Kirby-Lee run) and the early- to mid-80s (revival Byrne run), it was unbelievable stuff.

BTW, i think it's hilarious that some boardies as recently as 3 years ago (when the 2015 Josh Trank film was DOA) were saying FF was not translatable to modern audiences, that FF was dated, blah blah blah.  Can't wait for Kevin Feige to get to work on the First Family.  Soon.

I'm putting together my Byrne reading run (never read it) as we speak. Almost done and ready to read!

50 minutes ago, NoMan said:

can't wait. I really love these boards as the folks participating here have tipped me off to some great stories!

When i was a tween/early teen or so, I had a pull list of maybe 15 to 20 titles a month.  Far and away the one title I looked forward to each month was Byrne's Fantastic Four.  It was that good.  Bear in mind he wrote and pencilled everything, and often he inked also.  He really had full creative control over the title, and his passion for what Lee-Kirby did before him really showed.

43 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Did you read the Simonson Thor’s yet or are you still working on that run as well?

:sorry: 

Come on, I'm trying. Are you trying to make me feel bad? I'm a grown up with grown up responsibilties. Time is a premium over here. (not enough to waste time here. Double :sorry::sorry:)

But, No is the answer to your question. I'm just now finishing up my Moon Knight (1982) run. That run is really bests with the Bill S./Doug M. issues around 22-27.

So what do I read first Byrne FF or Simonson Thor?

Edited by NoMan

Looks like the upward trend is continuing with the many Comiclink FF 1 auctions thus far.  I've been tracking that really nice 6.5 (not my book, and I have no stake) to see if it hits $40k...lots of people selling at a good time, methinks.

7 hours ago, Drummy said:

Looks like the upward trend is continuing with the many Comiclink FF 1 auctions thus far.  I've been tracking that really nice 6.5 (not my book, and I have no stake) to see if it hits $40k...lots of people selling at a good time, methinks.

Not my book either but I think it’ll hit $40k.  Book is neck and neck price wise with hulk 1.  In some grades it’s even passed hulk 1.  

Edited by Spiderturtle

1 hour ago, gunsmokin said:

FF 1,2,4 and 5 have all been going crazy lately. Skrulls will be in Captain Marvel and Avengers 4 which may be driving the price on 2 which has nearly doubled in some instances since June/July.

And, out of the 'first year' FFs, I think 6, 8, 11, 12 are all undervalued with plenty of room to grow. 

Interesting to see you include FF8.

I’ve always considered it to be one of the least desirable “circle 12” issues (I know it has its fans, Claudio!). Is this landscape changing? I should track more auctions, prolly...

9 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I’ve always considered it to be one of the least desirable “circle 12” issues (I know it has its fans, Claudio!). Is this landscape changing? I should track more auctions, prolly...

First Alicia Masters and her creepy stepdad, Puppet Master.  That's a two-in-one!!   You know Marvel Studios is going to work its magic with the beauty-and-the-beast/princess-and-the-frog story between The Thing and a blind woman.

17 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

i'm with claudio!

Oh, I like it fine, but it seems to be more available than even 9 and 10. Granted, I don’t exactly scour the auction sites tracking these things.

The Puppet Master on the Silver Screen.

Huh.

I should probably upgrade my Strange Tales 104. Can Paste Pot Pete be far behind?