• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When u order graded books from ebay...
1 1

36 posts in this topic

I've had boxes worse than this and the slab was fine. also had some where it wasn't.

5 minutes ago, paperheart said:

not sure how this is the seller's fault. looks like the USPS played football w/ the package.

Agreed. Sellers tend to get blamed when packages end up damaged. Thus a loss via a refund and a book. 

Opposite side, you get your money back but no book.

Hope all is well inside the box.

10 minutes ago, paperheart said:

not sure how this is the seller's fault. looks like the USPS played football w/ the package.

2 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Agreed. Sellers tend to get blamed when packages end up damaged. Thus a loss via a refund and a book. 

Opposite side, you get your money back but no book.

Hope all is well inside the box.

Agreed it's USPS's fault.  The seller should have at the very least marked up the box "FRAGILE" in big letters.  It probably doesn't mean anything to the delivery guy, but it's the best a seller could do.

9 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Agreed it's USPS's fault.  The seller should have at the very least marked up the box "FRAGILE" in big letters.  It probably doesn't mean anything to the delivery guy, but it's the best a seller could do.

an invitation for someone having a bad day using it as a frisbee

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Actually it's seller's responsibility to pack it well, simply putting it in a Priority Mail box with a little padding and blaming the USPS for damage is a joke. Those free Priority Mail boxes are so flimsy they are going to get crushed.   This reminds me of sellers putting a raw comic in a manila envelope (and no cardboard wrap) and blaming the post office when it arrives damaged.  I hope the slab is ok and the selling did a good job wrapping the slab for protection. 

For me it depends on the book.  I'll use priority boxes for a single slab under a certain amount I can fortify the book with a 3 layer (each side) cardboard sandwich.  Otherwise I use the uline 18 x 12 x 6 double-walled boxes.  Same ones (style at least, not sure about brand) CGC uses so I feel safe using them.  Thats great that your books arrived safely!