• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,752 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2024 at 8:01 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

It'll cost you a six-finger, sorry, six-figure sum... 

Capture.PNG.f786f1c2b0a1b519097deac7707ef81e.PNG

OK. I missed that.  You're are completely correct.

On 5/24/2024 at 12:56 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Ok, I find this a little fascinating (I'm probably the only one on that the planet though, lol).

For the first time in 47 years, I realize that Dave Cockrum drew Madison Square Garden on the cover of Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man #4.  The thing I find odd that it appears he drew the scaffolding on the front of the building behind MSG, like our great friend Ross Andru did on the Amazing Spider-Man 167 splash.  This scaffolding should not have still been there when either man drew their scenes (cover dates of Mar. and Apr. 1977 for Dave and Ross, respectively).

Dave would have drawn his cover about a month before Ross did the splash.  Hmmm, wonder if Ross borrowed the concept of featuring MSG from Dave.

Just look at the amazing detail Ross puts in.  

6058930_Full_Obv.jpg?t=NS8yMy8yMDI0IDk6MzU6NDAgUE0=

image.thumb.png.e7a473faafe98148742904db8914f98f.png

Hey!  That's my book!  :D  Nice pickups on the references.  

How the heck does this picture have anything whatsoever to do with Bronze Age Spider-Man comics (during the Ross Andru period)?  

To be fair, I've asked this question another way, more than once, lol.

Anyone?

No photo description available.

This is an original art page from ASM 129 that I had never seen before.  I like to compare the differences during the different phases of production.  I noticed Frank added some detail to the money bags after Dave inked them.  I really liked Frank's inks on these early issues with Ross.

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 6/17/2024 at 10:20 AM, Spider-Variant said:

This is an original art page from ASM 129 that I had never seen before.  I like to compare the differences during the different phases of production.  I noticed Frank added some detail to the money bags after Dave inked them.  I really liked Frank's inks on these early issues with Ross.

???