• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

416 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2023 at 9:22 AM, Axe Elf said:

At least this one is a CGC 9.0, but sheesh, is there an EERIE #3 shortage going on or something?

image.thumb.png.bdb692023fe67838cb525b3b9b39483f.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295843126167

Early issue of long running title from the mid-60's with a well known cover by a popular cover artist in high grade...

Compared to most comics meeting those criteria, that's not an unreasonable price.  Not saying it's right for the market as it is, but it doesn't strike me as unreasonable on the face of it either.

Well, as an owner, I'm all for the market value appreciating, but I've never seen asking prices THIS high on an EERIE #3.  I can understand it easier for the CGC 9.0 copy (although a CGC 9.0 sold on May 27 for $100 less--$224--and a CGC 8.5 sold the next day for $150)--but $300 for the raw copy that looks maybe 7.0ish?

There was also a CGC 9.4 that sold June 24 for $400, and a 9.8 that sold May 12 for $1500...  so, yay EERIE #3 owners, I guess...

On 7/28/2023 at 12:04 PM, OtherEric said:

Compared to most comics meeting those criteria, that's not an unreasonable price.  Not saying it's right for the market as it is, but it doesn't strike me as unreasonable on the face of it either.

I appreciate the feedback.  I had been waffling over whether or not it was worth $25 to upgrade my 4.5ish EERIE #3 to a 6.5ish copy, but if 9.0s are worth over $300 without batting an eye, then I feel like it was probably worth it--so I made the upgrade.

EERIE3F.thumb.jpg.f98fc4de70a61b1fda363ef79f1fa942.jpg

Here's wahat appears to be a pretty sweet copy of Weird Worlds v2-#2 that is ending real soon. I've already got two copies, so I really do not need another. :p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235114970632?mkevt=1&plmtId=1110100101&mesgId=4001&mkpid=0&emsid=enull.m1951.l7534&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid&bu=43143936782&trkId=811b2eca-66ee-4f61-b915-2f7155c78529&cnvId=a7fb74a1-c76a-4a5d-81a4-a4efd73d9c0c&osub=-1~1&crd=20230813082403&segname&recoId=235114970632&recoPos=1

Edited by Artifiction

On 8/13/2023 at 6:17 PM, Artifiction said:

Get another Ya bum! :shy:

If everything works out right, I should have a different issue arriving some time this week. I'm pretty excited about it as I think it was a pretty great deal. Actually losing sleep over it. What is wrong with me? :facepalm:

Edited by Artifiction

On 8/13/2023 at 9:00 PM, Artifiction said:

If everything works out right, I should have a different issue arriving some time this week. I'm pretty excited about it as it was a pretty great deal. Actually losing sleep over it. What is wrong with me? :facepalm:

You are a nutter, like the rest of us. :ohnoez:

On 8/13/2023 at 4:03 PM, batmiesta said:

You are a nutter, like the rest of us. :ohnoez:

Here's a sneak peek. Ebay pics. never look as good as a nice scan usually does. Can you guess which one I'm excited about?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126035957500?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=WUglxJoASxa&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=-IayRI6eTje&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Artifiction

On 12/20/2023 at 4:42 PM, The Lions Den said:

If anyone does decide to go down that particular rabbit hole, they really could end up in some kind of alternate universe...  :whistle:

Are you saying that in your learned opinion, this is not a legit EERIE #1?

(I'm not trying to be contentious, I'm really interested in opinions from those more knowledgeable than myself.)

On 12/20/2023 at 5:45 PM, Axe Elf said:

Are you saying that in your learned opinion, this is not a legit EERIE #1?

(I'm not trying to be contentious, I'm really interested in opinions from those more knowledgeable than myself.)

I just scanned the QR code for the grading notes. This was all it said:

Notes:
spine stress front & back cover does not break color
tiny rust top staple
small horizontal bend middle top back cover
Speaking for myself, I would personally like to see all the inside pages.

On 12/20/2023 at 5:59 PM, Jayman said:

I just scanned the QR code for the grading notes. This was all it said:

Notes:
spine stress front & back cover does not break color
tiny rust top staple
small horizontal bend middle top back cover
Speaking for myself, I would personally like to see all the inside pages.

I did that too.  Just the fact that it has a QR code means it had to be graded pretty recently, so it's not like this book has been sitting in a slab for 20 years or something.

Like you said, it's too bad we're not really capable of any kind of internal inspection of a slabbed specimen--all we can do is trust the brand...

...because it's CERTIFIED, right?  What liability does that imbue to the guarantor--is the company liable if it turns out to be faux?

On 12/20/2023 at 7:23 PM, Axe Elf said:

...because it's CERTIFIED, right?  What liability does that imbue to the guarantor--is the company liable if it turns out to be faux?

Who would decide? CGC will not grade Eerie #1s as far as I know because of all the forgeries. I’m sure this copies grading company has a disclaimer that it is just their professional opinion and therefore not liable. 

If I was selling this graded copy, I would also have included hi res pics of the interior pages that collectors look for like the bald man’s head, etc.

On 12/20/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jayman said:

If I was selling this graded copy, I would also have included hi res pics of the interior pages that collectors look for like the bald man’s head, etc.

But how would they even GET pics of the interior pages for a slabbed book?

On 12/20/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jayman said:

I’m sure this copies grading company has a disclaimer that it is just their professional opinion and therefore not liable.

Then what exactly are they certifying, if they can't even certify that it is an actual EERIE #1?  Isn't that what the "professional opinion" of a certification company should mean?