• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

416 posts in this topic

Ah, got it, the original is a Warren magazine, the "Commemorative Edition" is a Harris magazine.

This is fascinating, that a knock-off would still be worth more than CREEPY #1.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, OtherEric said:

The real one, you can tell by the 50c price.

That too.  I just noticed that one said Warren and one said Harris.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:28 PM, Axe Elf said:

Seeing a few of those, so I'm guessing the "Commemorative Edition" isn't the real #1.  I wonder which one is in the set for sale...

They did two reprints. Harris did one in 2001 that had a cover price of $4.95 (that had a few different variants - different color logos) and then Dynamite in 2019 with a cover price of $6.99. And just because someone has a listing at a certain price does not mean it is worth that. You are better off looking at sold listings. 

Warren went bankrupt in 1983 and Harris bought their assets. And then in 2010 Dynamite acquired the rights to Vampirella.  

Edited by wombat

On 2/28/2022 at 1:07 AM, wombat said:

They did two reprints. Harris did one in 2001 that had a cover price of $4.95 (that had a few different variants - different color logos) and then Dynamite in 2019 with a cover price of $6.99. And just because someone has a listing at a certain price does not mean it is worth that. You are better off looking at sold listings. 

Warren went bankrupt in 1983 and Harris bought their assets. And then in 2010 Dynamite acquired the rights to Vampirella.  

Knew the general Warren history, but never really followed Vampirella specifically.

And now "Warrant" with CREEPS/SHUDDER?

Thinking about getting the full run of CREEPS while I still can for like $256 from the website (through May 2022)...  Sounds like more Warren-style bang for my buck than the Vampy run... or even Vampy #1.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:12 AM, Axe Elf said:

Knew the general Warren history, but never really followed Vampirella specifically.

And now "Warrant" with CREEPS/SHUDDER?

Thinking about getting the full run of CREEPS while I still can for like $256 from the website (through May 2022)...  Sounds like more Warren-style bang for my buck than the Vampy run... or even Vampy #1.

I've been collecting The Creeps/Shudder/Vampiress since they came out. I think they did a great job with these. Will they ever appreciate in value like original Warren magazines? I doubt it. I guess it really depends on why you are buying them. If you just want to enjoy the art and stories they are very nice. If you looking at the investment side of things I wouldn't bank on it. But yeah, you can pick up the whole run for way cheaper than you can even find the lowest grade original Vampirella 1. 

On 2/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, wombat said:

I've been collecting The Creeps/Shudder/Vampiress since they came out. I think they did a great job with these. Will they ever appreciate in value like original Warren magazines? I doubt it. I guess it really depends on why you are buying them. If you just want to enjoy the art and stories they are very nice. If you looking at the investment side of things I wouldn't bank on it. But yeah, you can pick up the whole run for way cheaper than you can even find the lowest grade original Vampirella 1. 

I'm not a "collector" or "investor" per se; the CREEPY and EERIE mags were just a part of my teen years, and I like to read them.  I've made it a recent goal to get all of the EERIEs, and I will probably turn to the CREEPYs shortly, but I think I might take that little detour through the full run of CREEPS, not as an investment, but just to HAVE them.

I'm almost 60 years old anyway, with diabetes and a heart condition; I won't live long enough to see anything appreciate in value much...  :)

On 2/28/2022 at 11:28 AM, Axe Elf said:

I'm not a "collector" or "investor" per se; the CREEPY and EERIE mags were just a part of my teen years, and I like to read them.  I've made it a recent goal to get all of the EERIEs, and I will probably turn to the CREEPYs shortly, but I think I might take that little detour through the full run of CREEPS, not as an investment, but just to HAVE them.

I'm almost 60 years old anyway, with diabetes and a heart condition; I won't live long enough to see anything appreciate in value much...  :)

I think The Creeps, Shudder and Vampiress Carmilla are all really good. Do yourself a favor and check them out...I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just like the Warren mags, sometimes there's a bit of a drop-off in quality from story to story, but they're on a roll right now with Shudder and Carmilla. I'm enjoying every issue...  (thumbsu

On 4/18/2022 at 5:50 PM, The Lions Den said:

I think The Creeps, Shudder and Vampiress Carmilla are all really good. Do yourself a favor and check them out...I don't think you'll be disappointed. Just like the Warren mags, sometimes there's a bit of a drop-off in quality from story to story, but they're on a roll right now with Shudder and Carmilla. I'm enjoying every issue...  (thumbsu

Since that last post, I have, in fact, purchased the full 32-issue run of The CREEPS (plus the 4 Annuals) direct from their website.  My plan for SHUDDER and VC is to order all the back issues from the previous year every Christmas, starting with the next one (at which time I will get ALL the back issues of both series so far), and thus stay mostly current on them as long as we both shall live.

Not as egregious, but this one is right down the hall at $295 BIN.  At least they don't CALL it a 9.4.  That's just ridic.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Axe Elf