• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

416 posts in this topic

On 12/3/2021 at 7:15 PM, wombat said:

Am I the only one that thinks that looks like CT removal and some tough consequences?

On 12/25/2021 at 11:16 AM, wombat said:

I know these aren't magazines, but holy carp. This guy is insane. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393818684108?hash=item5bb16c3acc:g:j3kAAOSw6nRhedrD

The seller could at least include the shipping cost in their selling price.

Edited by Artifiction

On 12/25/2021 at 12:46 PM, Artifiction said:

The seller could at least include shipping.

His description is crazy. Talks about getting these graded. Art books. Um, who is grading these? Talks about cleaning and pressing. lol. And saying he will send them to an auction house if no one buys them. Good luck buddy. If these were signed by Frank Frazetta they wouldn't be worth that much. 

Edited by wombat

On 12/25/2021 at 12:50 PM, wombat said:

His description is crazy. Talks about getting these graded. Art books. Um, who is grading these? And saying he will send them to an auction house if no one buys them. Good luck buddy. If these were signed by Frank Frazetta they wouldn't be worth that much. 

It is pretty hilarious. Just another seller, trying to take advantage of somone elses lack of knowledge. Added to my "do not buy from" list.

On 12/25/2021 at 12:56 PM, Artifiction said:

It is pretty hilarious. Just another seller, trying to take advantage of somone elses lack of knowledge. Added to my "do not buy from" list.

Oh, and they do not look "mint".  Especially the #2. The description actually bothers me more than the price does. 

On 2/27/2022 at 10:44 AM, wombat said:

I don't think that's a very good deal at the BIN.  It's probably around retail for the whole run (depending on condition, of course).  If I were buying a bulk lot, I'm usually looking for a reasonable discount from retail.  2c

On 2/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, Randall Dowling said:

I don't think that's a very good deal at the BIN.  It's probably around retail for the whole run (depending on condition, of course).  If I were buying a bulk lot, I'm usually looking for a reasonable discount from retail.  2c

Totally agree. To be honest the thought of buying an entire run of anything on ebay is not appealing to me. I think a lot of us are more of a "thrill of the hunt" types. Shows, shops, boards, etc. Not that I don't buy anything off of ebay, but I would probably never do something like this unless it was dirt cheap, which as you point out this is not. 

I'm more interested in CREEPY and EERIE, but I might be persuaded to snap up a collection of Vampy's at a reasonable price--but sheesh, their asking price is over $33 per book, and some of them are G/VG to VG-?  And the rest are F to VF?  No thanks.  Maybe if they were all VF or better someone could start thinking about it, but that someone wouldn't be me.  Same collection for $1500, I'd have some interest.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, Axe Elf said:

I'm more interested in CREEPY and EERIE, but I might be persuaded to snap up a collection of Vampy's at a reasonable price--but sheesh, their asking price is over $33 per book, and some of them are G/VG to VG-?  And the rest are F to VF?  No thanks.  Maybe if they were all VF or better someone could start thinking about it, but that someone wouldn't be me.  Same collection for $1500, I'd have some interest.

Not that I'm in the business of buying large collections like this, but I would think just calculating average cost per book is kind of pointless. At the very least I'm going to come up with a value for #1 and then come up with what the average is for the rest. But there are probably a few other issues you want to do something similar, but of course they will have less of an impact. 

Let's say #1 is worth $750. That would make the average cost of the rest of the books average under $7 at your price of $1500. That is probably way too low. 

Edited by wombat

On 2/27/2022 at 3:20 PM, wombat said:

Let's say #1 is worth $750.

Is it though?  I've seen a CGC slabbed 9.0 CREEPY #1 runs around $300--and that was the first issue of any kind from Warren.  As I said, I haven't really been interested in Vampy's, but is her #1 really worth more than twice as much as CREEPY #1?  And we're not talking about a certified, slabbed copy here; just some guy's idea of a "G/VG to VG-" probly.

I've done zero research, so educate me if I'm wrong, but that seems really high for a knockaround copy.  And if it IS worth that, then I'm glad my Warren cravings don't extend to Vampirella.  :)

On 2/27/2022 at 5:14 PM, Axe Elf said:

Is it though?  I've seen a CGC slabbed 9.0 CREEPY #1 runs around $300--and that was the first issue of any kind from Warren.  As I said, I haven't really been interested in Vampy's, but is her #1 really worth more than twice as much as CREEPY #1?  And we're not talking about a certified, slabbed copy here; just some guy's idea of a "G/VG to VG-" probly.

I've done zero research, so educate me if I'm wrong, but that seems really high for a knockaround copy.  And if it IS worth that, then I'm glad my Warren cravings don't extend to Vampirella.  :)

Vampirella #1 is worth massively more than Creepy #1, it has been for quite a while and it’s been jumping massively the past year.

Creepy is nowhere near the first Warren, even just considering comics there were comic stories in Help! and Monster World.  It was their first all comics publication, though.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:21 PM, OtherEric said:

Vampirella #1 is worth massively more than Creepy #1, it has been for quite a while and it’s been jumping massively the past year.

Creepy is nowhere near the first Warren, even just considering comics there were comic stories in Help! and Monster World.  It was their first all comics publication, though.

Interesting.  Well, like I said, glad I'm not collecting those, then.

But yeah, that probly makes the full run worth more like $2000 then.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, Axe Elf said:

So this would be an EBAY DEAL then?  A CGC 9.2 for $375?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284670873379?hash=item4247b4cf23:g:r2MAAOSwR8Jh12Ex

Seeing a few of those, so I'm guessing the "Commemorative Edition" isn't the real #1.  I wonder which one is in the set for sale...