• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

416 posts in this topic

Not a comic, but I had to share this. First off, there is zero evidence this was actually painted by Frazetta and certainly not that the paint brush is authentic. But even if all that was true this guy is insane. If it was painted with Frank's own blood it would be worth this. And the icing on the cake is the $10,000 shipping fee. Don't do crack and post on ebay my friend. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115092415753

On 3/12/2023 at 1:07 AM, wombat said:

Not a comic, but I had to share this. First off, there is zero evidence this was actually painted by Frazetta and certainly not that the paint brush is authentic. But even if all that was true this guy is insane. If it was painted with Frank's own blood it would be worth this. And the icing on the cake is the $10,000 shipping fee. Don't do crack and post on ebay my friend. 

That's for economy shipping too, probably more for Priority, overnight deliver would likely crash another bank. :whatthe:

On 3/12/2023 at 12:07 AM, wombat said:

Maybe he has a keyboard problem and the shipping is only $10.00, which would make the statue itself more like $39.99.

I'm kidding, but he does seem to be off by a magnitude of about 1,000x.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:01 PM, wombat said:

They are asking more for those two books than I paid for my entire runs of CREEPY, EERIE, and VAMPIRELLA combined--and my #19 may not be a 9.9, but it's pretty close!

On 4/2/2023 at 11:01 PM, wombat said:

Same seller has an ostensibly 9.2 up for $4,900...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285215300589

But the "9.2" seems suspiciously low in the grade box, especially compared to the 9.0 they listed above.  I've never seen one that wasn't more vertically centered, but then I don't examine a lot of slabs, so that may be no big deal.  I'm just already suspicious of how this got a 9.2 with that big ol' date in marker right in the middle of the full moon!  If nothing else, that makes it a pretty unattractive 9.2, even if they somehow legitimately skirted the usual standards.

9.2 NEAR MINT- (NM-):  Back to Top
Nearly perfect with only a minor additional defect or defects that keep it from Near Mint. A limited number of minor bindery/printing defects are allowed. Cover is flat with no surface wear. Inks are bright with only the slightest dimming of reflectivity. Corners are cut square and sharp with ever-so-slight blunting permitted. A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break. Small, inconspicuous, lightly penciled, stamped or inked arrival dates are acceptable as long as they are in an unobtrusive location. Slight foxing. Spine is tight and flat. Staples may show some discoloration. Almost no stress lines. Paper is off-white to cream, supple and fresh. Slight interior tears are allowed.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:17 AM, Randall Dowling said:

So, this is... something

Correct me if I’m wrong but that can’t be public domain…(shrug)

Unless it is because the original has been repainted and does not appear as this anymore?

Edited by Jayman

Ah, the elusive "no logo variant" cover!

At least it comes bagged and boarded, so you won't have to re-print it quite so often.

On 7/7/2023 at 7:10 AM, WolverineX said:

I want to say that at some point in the past I reached out to the museum about this guy to see if his stuff was legit. They knew him and thought everything was real. 

Edited by wombat

On 7/8/2023 at 12:25 PM, wombat said:

Not a magazine, but what in the holy heck is going on here. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394473030094

Shipping's not included in the purchase price??

Edit to add: Just received a $5000 off offer. What a deal! Go for it, Wombat. I'm trying my best to stick to Eerie Pubs. books, only.

Edited by Artifiction