• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HA Summer Signature Auction Aug 2-4
2 2

233 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Me too. Was buying lots of Marvel in ‘82 but Dr. strange wasn’t on the pull list. 

Yeah. At the time, the big Doctor Strange event was when Paul Smith started on the title starting with issue #56. Golden, at the time, was best known for Micronauts.

15 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Chris is absolutely correct.  This issue is a milestone and a classic artistically, independent of it only being a Dr. Strange title.  I'm really surprised some people don't know this, but maybe it's not considered a "key" issue on the comic collecting side of things?  Not sure, as I haven't collected comics in decades.  Regardless, almost any price paid for a nice page from this issue would not surprise on the upside.  It's that important and influential an issue (at least artistically).

Well, if you say so.

7 minutes ago, Ironmandrd said:

There's a ton of stuff under FMV - and they'll all quickly make substantial jumps in the live bidding.

By the way, just noticed this funky Batman #400 page with Ra's al Ghul in the auction.  A lot of cool stuff in this auction.

Batman 400.jpg

That's an amazing page!  Link for thos who want to check it out - https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/bill-sienkiewicz-batman-400-story-page-18-original-art-dc-1986-/a/7189-92192.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

It's funny that it's still matted (second image on the link) and would give me some concern that it's glued to the matte in some horrible way.

12 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

That's a shame, as the Rogers/Golden/Smith run on Dr Strange is right there in the top 5 things Marvel did during that time.

I definitely was buying the Paul Smith issues. And there is a page from #56 (by Smith) that was up in one of the recent auctions.

1 hour ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Prices starting to trickle upwards now.

any guesses as to how high the killing joke page will go?

The Killing Joke page will exceed $65k with BP, but, stops short of $75k...

As of now, I am 0 for 1 at this 'guess the final bid' show...for those of you keeping score at home...

29 minutes ago, Brian Peck said:

I am curious how HA's announcement of them collecting taxes from additional states starting Aug 1st will effect bidding. 

:shrug: I'm just shipping my winnings to my Dad in New Hampshire.  

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Prices starting to trickle upwards now.

any guesses as to how high the killing joke page will go?

I was thinking KJ stops at $70k, with BP added. Its a great page, and its the first page, but its not the BEST page.

If you have $70k to blow on a page, you probably have an address or a friend with an address in a zero-sales-tax state.

30 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

I was thinking KJ stops at $70k, with BP added. Its a great page, and its the first page, but its not the BEST page.

If you have $70k to blow on a page, you probably have an address or a friend with an address in a zero-sales-tax state.

Leave Jaybuck's Dad out of this!!!

1 hour ago, Lucky Baru said:

Won't be long until most states start collecting it.  Too much money left on the table not to do it.

I want that to level the playing field. I wonder if people who have put in their bids before august for items in the signature HA, regret it since it could add up to 10% more.

7 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

I am curious how HA's announcement of them collecting taxes from additional states starting Aug 1st will effect bidding. 

I hope it kills bidding, but unfortunately I know that won't be the case.

12 minutes ago, DeadpoolJr. said:

It could actually be a boon for those that live in no-taxed states. Less and weaker competition for them now.

They wouldn't bid more, but they'd win more because the bidders in the high tax states should theoretically have to bail out.

But of course that won't happen.  Which is too bad because I'd love for all the bidders from high tax states to be shut down.

6 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I kinda like this Badger #2 cover.

Original Comic Art:Covers, Jeff Butler The Badger #2 Cover Original Art (Capital,1983)....

Good luck if you go for it.  I have badger on my list of things to get one day - but this one doesn't do anything for me. So far the price is not crazy - so that's a plus for anyone that is interested.