• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect and ComicLink August auctions
8 8

352 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, jhm said:
On 8/15/2018 at 10:52 PM, Gotham Kid said:

already at 15K after less than 24hrs

RADF0375201881_113351.jpg

Aaargh! $37,500 I wish this one was a good ol' fashion bidding war. My under bid was exactly $1k less, so I'm assuming the buyers max was at least a little higher. Amazing piece - congrats to whomever took it :sorry:

As a fellow boardie, extremely sorry to hear that you wasn't able to snag this unbeatable possibly once in a lifetime copy of a truly classic GGA cover by L.B.Cole.  :foryou:

Just wondering, did you put in your bid at the last second or was it from a prior max bid that you had placed before the end of this auction listing?  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess we'll all find out in about half a hour from now.  :taptaptap:

The one that I am waiting for is this little beauty here which is tough to beat when it comes to in-demand GA books:  :cloud9:

RADCD2C22018815_13462.jpg

You got me nervous when you started singling this one out . . .  I’m happy it didn’t have a $12k adjustment in the last second like the Blue Bolt 105

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost
New stuff i thought of

3 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I guess we'll all find out in about half a hour from now.  :taptaptap:

The one that I am waiting for is this little beauty here which is tough to beat when it comes to in-demand GA books:  :cloud9:

RADCD2C22018815_13462.jpg

You got me nervous when you started singling this one out . . .

Extremely sorry about this since I didn't mean to do that.  :foryou:

If you was the lucky winner of this all-important key and classic Cap book, congrats to you and I am glad that you was able to pick it up without having the price moved up on you at the end.  :applause:

9 hours ago, jhm said:

Aaargh! $37,500 I wish this one was a good ol' fashion bidding war. My under bid was exactly $1k less, so I'm assuming the buyers max was at least a little higher. Amazing piece - congrats to whomever took it :sorry:

Sorry you didn't win the book. Winning bid however could also have been much higher ( ie 50K) but took it over your max by 1K as it was the next bid increment.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

Sorry you didn't win the book. Winning bid however could also have been much higher ( ie 50K) but took it over you max by 1K as it was the next bid increment.

Sounds like you won the book. I’m glad for you. And it sounds like you would have gone all in to get it.good. You deserve it

1 minute ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Sounds like you won the book. I’m glad for you. And it sounds like you would have gone all in to get it.good. You deserve it

No I did not. Just an assumption on my part.

I'm never going to get a Captain America #74 - http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1272013

My max bid was $50 under the winning bid. I'm hoping it wasn't really that close and that their max was much higher. Ugh. I would have felt better if it ended up in the 8's or 9's...

23 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, jhm said:

Sorry you didn't win the book. Winning bid however could also have been much higher ( ie 50K) but took it over you max by 1K as it was the next bid increment.

It would have been nice to have seen this in an extended bidding format type auction as I believe it's quite possible that it might have gone a bit higher than this.  hm

In fact, our fellow boardie here who just missed out on it might have ended up winning it in the end as you never really know with these last second bids as you simply can't see what's happening in terms of the bids.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Considering a Blue Beetle 54 in that grade would be in the 8500 range I thought this was a bargain. I slightly prefer this to the 54 as well. It will make a nice companion to my 54.

Congrats on your gorgeous pickup here of a truly classic GGA cover.  (thumbsu

Like you, I also prefer the BB 52 to the much longer and traditionally acknowledged classic BB 54 cover.  Probably because of the strong and bold blue, red and green color combinations on the cover of BB 52, as opposed to the more bland colors on BB 54.  Either will do however, and having a companion set is always better.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

31 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

that's the same cap 3 6.5 from the last cl auction, regraded.

so what did it sell for last time and this time around ?

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

$62k last time, $52k this time.  hope it doesn't belong to anyone on the boards here

It does now . . .

You say “regraded”, and that sends a shiver down my spine.  What was it before?

Do you have links to when it previously sold on Clink?

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost
More stuff