• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX 5.5 ?????????????? LOL
1 1

54 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, JollyComics said:
10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

For PGX? Yes. For CGC? No, I don't think so..... do you have any experience that would prove that?

I've cracked out both, and what your suggesting would seem impossible to me :shy: 

I deslabbed old cases many times (both PGX and CGC). I read and store them with old labels.  Pull the label from the top of the seal effortlessly.  It's not that difficult.  Sometimes, the case just popped without a single crack. Too easy. However the new seal is tough. I have not tried to crack the new case but I will.  CGC knows what they are doing.

No Worries :) glad they seem to have another fix in place then (thumbsu I wasn't aware of the CGC case issue. The PGX when I cracked it made me laugh out loud haha

44 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In all fairness, CGC has there share of mistakes also. I do think typos can happen on the grade. Look at this book.............

Bob, we both have been around this hobby for decades. I know what you're saying but I won't give PGX one inch with all the krap they've been involved in over the years.  4.0 would be a bit of a stretch for me, and I can't stretch far anymore. Now stop by for a Bush Lite sometime. :whatthe:

Edited by DR.X

10 hours ago, JollyComics said:

That old case can be manipulated easily. The label can be replaced then put the seal back inside then the case is re-sealed.  Today the new case is tough. The label and seal are totally separated that is difficult to manipulate.

Agreed. This would explain how a low grade JIM #83 ended up as a 5.0... :flamed:

Edited by The Lions Den

2 hours ago, DR.X said:

it is on e bay

Got it. A completed listing, ending Aug 4th.

Here's an item from the seller's feedback in July: 

Negative: returned Daredevil 1 with cracked case - still waiting for refund-echeck bounced.

Whoever bought the JIM 83 "CGC 5.0" hasn't yet left feedback, but like the buyer of their DD 1, they should take a long, hard look at the case, the well, the label, and the manner in which it's all sealed, or not.

Edited by James J Johnson

2 hours ago, mosconi said:

Photo's have finally surfaced of PGX's encapsulation room hm

hqdefault.jpg

Nice height ceiling! Adequate enough to stack plenty of manure once this gig has run its course. Of course, when it finally comes to that, he'll have to trade in his diaper for waders, although somewhat less aesthetic, purely for the sake of practicality. What a shame. .

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, JollyComics said:

You didn't tell me which book.  JIM 83 is not found anywhere. Ask Bob.  JIM 62 can be found on eBay.

The 83 CGC 5.0 you posted was listed, but ended August 4th, won for $6000+. I found it. I also found a negative in the seller's feedback from July from a buyer who received a Daredevil 1 with a cracked CGC case! What a surprising coincidence.

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

You didn't tell me which book.  JIM 83 is not found anywhere. Ask Bob.  JIM 62 can be found on eBay.

The PGX graded JIM 62 is just par for the course for them. Just another blatantly overgraded book but not the by-product of slab tampering. That CGC 5.0 JIM 83 might be a different issue altogether. Like anyone grading a comic, the pro-graders can be off a notch or two in anybody else's opinion, it's all subjective when it comes down to it, but given what that CGC 5.0 JIM 83 looks like, a 2.5 to 3.0 (at best) book under a CGC 5.0 label, and now seeing that the seller has a negative for a cracked case on a Daredevil 1 from July, my opinion is that the case and contents really need some extra scrutiny, as well as the seller if the case and contents look to be tampered with, something that the pic is inconclusive on.

20 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The 83 CGC 5.0 you posted was listed, but ended August 4th, won for $6000+. I found it. I also found a negative in the seller's feedback from July from a buyer who received a Daredevil 1 with a cracked CGC case! What a surprising coincidence.

Finally found it. Thanks. I thought eCheck is no longer in use in PayPal.

Edited by JollyComics

13 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Look at the back cover image! Even worse than the front. Water damage, tape stain (removed tape), too many creases to count, inch long tears on the left edge, the book is no better than 2.5 and that's being generous. Switched label.

The old case is so easy to be manipulated. CGC fixed that problem.