• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX 5.5 ?????????????? LOL
1 1

54 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bomber-Bob said:

In all fairness, CGC has there share of mistakes also. I do think typos can happen on the grade. Look at this book.............

JIM83.jpg

That old case can be manipulated easily. The label can be replaced then put the seal back inside then the case is re-sealed.  Today the new case is tough. The label and seal are totally separated that is difficult to manipulate.

12 hours ago, DR.X said:

Been looking for a decent copy of this book. This isnt it. LOL 5.5 not in my book. I'll stick with CGC.

jim 62 (2).jpg

jim 62 (3).jpg

jim 62 (4).jpg

jim 62.jpg

Is this book currently on eBay?   Never mind, I found it. My dad's computer won't expand or move the image. From that distance, it seems that has a slight spine roll. I have a feeling this is 4.0 or 4.5 for that condition with the slight spine roll.

Edited by JollyComics

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

That old case can be manipulated easily. The label can be replaced then put the seal back inside then the case is re-sealed.  Today the new case is tough. The label and seal are totally separated that is difficult to manipulate.

For PGX? Yes. For CGC? No, I don't think so..... do you have any experience that would prove that?

I've cracked out both, and what your suggesting would seem impossible to me :shy: 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

For PGX? Yes. For CGC? No, I don't think so..... do you have any experience that would prove that?

I've cracked out both, and what your suggesting would seem impossible to me :shy: 

I deslabbed old cases many times (both PGX and CGC). I read and store them with old labels.  Pull the label from the top of the seal effortlessly.  It's not that difficult.  Sometimes, the case just popped without a single crack. Too easy. However the new seal is tough. I have not tried to crack the new case but I will.  CGC knows what they are doing.