• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage gives a shout out to Mitch Mehdy .. sort of.
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Well "My World" is very cool and would be nice to own, but I don't think it's a story that 'blows the others away'. But I'll be generous - you can have that and I'll have the flying machine one. :grin:

Just now, AJD said:

Well "My World" is very cool and would be nice to own, but I don't think it's a story that 'blows the others away'. But I'll be generous - you can have that and I'll have the flying machine one. :grin:

IT'S A MATTER OF TASTE...BUT PANEL FOR PANEL, AND STORY WISE...ITS TOPS FOR ME.

Edited by Mmehdy

3 hours ago, AJD said:

Jerry Wiest owned both of those at one point.

16 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Jerry Wiest owned both of those at one point.

I think jerry had exexptional taste. And both are home runs in my estimation . It’s just sometimes in your head you think one thing ... it becomes  reality then it’s different ... one of the very few purchases that it has occurred, not in comic books only art. Prices today for  comic art are more subject to  price rigging as it’s a smaller market... 600k for a 80”s cover...that is why GA in my option is  the safest best... especially Cap 1,3, whiz 2...unrestored , sup 1 and action 1 any copy.. and Bat 1...     I would have to say my biggest regret was turning down a marvel 1 at comics and comics in the early 70s they brought the book up for us to look st.. we both turned it down... very nice copy.... for 2500....r

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

I think jerry had exexptional taste. And both are home runs in my estimation . It’s just sometimes in your head you think one thing ... it becomes  reality then it’s different ... one of the very few purchases that it has occurred, not in comic books only art. Prices today for  comic art are more subject to  price rigging as it’s a smaller market... 600k for a 80”s cover...that is why GA in my option is  the safest best... especially Cap 1,3, whiz 2...unrestored , sup 1 and action 1 any copy.. and Bat 1...     I would have to say my biggest regret was turning down a marvel 1 at comics and comics in the early 70s they brought the book up for us to look st.. we both turned it down... very nice copy.... for 2500....r

Yes, Jerry had exceptional taste. One of the paintings from his estate that I won through a Heritage Auction was this unsigned Hannes Bok original...

969d524b-c795-4cb6-9e5b-22224bc80c01_zps

I had this piece expertly reframed and have been delighted by it's whimsical characters for years. Interestingly, this piece has only been published in the biographical work, The Hannes Bok Treasury, from 1993.  In both HC and SC editions the color reproduction is vastly inferior, but the work was chosen for a two-page spread.  Anyway, it is a remarkable painting.

-Cat

Edited by Cat-Man_America