• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT (kinda): King Kong

20 posts in this topic

Cool...from LOTR to this... 893applaud-thumb.gif...Peter Jackson is fast becoming my favorite director... yay.gif

BTW...be on the lookout for "Chronicles of Narnia" in december also.... thumbsup2.gif

Looks great! Love that they're making it a period piece, and of course the original had clay-mation dinosaurs so 21st-century CGI should be a big improvement. Jack Black's a comedic actor, but so was Robin Williams before he took on more serious roles. And School of Rock rocks!! thumbsup2.gif

looks great to me!. And like a treu retelling of the original souped up for the 00s. I wasnt excited as the cast revealed themselves: Jack Black always looks like hes being sarcastic and all about th ein-joke, but Carl Denham was a cynical showman so phoniness would be in character; And The Pianist seems to serious for the straight arrow vanilla boyfriend, but then again, maybe Im just blaming the character for the boring stiff original actor who played the part. Naomi Watts is hot. Cant wait to see how they handle Kong undressing her (wait, that didnt come out right, I meant cinematically, yeah thats it).

Overall, looks like a fun ride. Just too bad we all know th eplot and details so well.... unless Jackson made some bog changes we havent seen in the trailer...

They recreated the SPIDER scene that was cut out of the original for this one.

original Kong is and was my favorite movie of all time - and i've lived a long while. 70's remake was just a bunch of de laurentis BS. this puppy almost looks like a scene for scene remake of the original. gotta believe that with Peter Jackson at the Helm, this movie will just kick bigtime............. cloud9.gif

i'm already totally psych'd....................

i'm already totally psych'd....................

Me too. I had no idea what the trailer was for until they finally showed King Kong. Until that point, I was thinking it looked like a great-lookin horror-suspense film...when I saw Kong I said "ohhh, brother, not ANOTHER remake"...and then I saw him and the dinos in action and my opinion took an instant 180-degree turn. 893whatthe.gif

CAN'T WAIT!!! popcorn.gif

It looks incredible, I can hardly wait. The big news that I read is that PJ already has the 2nd movie mapped out and MAN, is it....different. They have Kong fighting genetically engineered Nazi monsters. I kid you not. You can probably find the article in the Ain't It Cool News archives.