• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ebay farce of the day. Photo of Detective 27s on a shelf... $5000.00

230 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

Better yet, get up on his high horse and bloviate endlessly about the "proper" way to interact with people. Then go to a nearly dead forum and bloviate there about the people who upset him and come up with adobrs names for them like "VAK".

Or he could send them artwork, either way.

"VAK"-that one really stung.

So far the earliest Action comics in the wild is that #9 posted earlier.  Anyone got a magnifying glass?

comic-book-rack-1948.jpg

50c8f0cae44bea8a73f2330fcb2279e3--sci-fi-comics-grey-art.jpg

Edited by kav
yes

1 hour ago, kav said:

So far the earliest Action comics in the wild is that #9 posted earlier.  Anyone got a magnifying glass?

comic-book-rack-1948.jpg

50c8f0cae44bea8a73f2330fcb2279e3--sci-fi-comics-grey-art.jpg

Of note, although 95% of all talk and interest in the comic hobby today is about super-hero related books, if this is a representation of the average magazine/newsstand of the day, the superhero related material was quite small compared to the books of the other genres.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Of note, although 95% of all talk and interest in the comic hobby today is about super-hero related books, if this is a representation of the average magazine/newsstand of the day, the superhero related material was quite small compared to the books of the other genres.

Yes and there was a time when love comics dominated, western comics, detective type comics-they all had their day.  Superheroes-first superman then others picked up steam, then lost out and picked back up again till now they are pretty much the main comic market.  I know someone who bought Action #1 off the stand when he was 7.  The first superhero-he was mesmerized by a man in a cape lifting up a car.  Before that the closest thing to superhero was like Zorro or the Shadow.  

Looks like he gave up on his quest for a sucker.  Wouldnt budge from that price so he just let listing lapse.  Guess no one offered anything in his sucker ballpark.

Edited by kav

On 9/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, TwoPiece said:

I think RMA is just supporting my decision to block said user, rather than "try to get along". Blocking will stop the problem, rather than both users measuring dongs. Y'know? When they continue to measure dongs, that's usually what ends up locking threads.

Edit: I even tried to end it by no longer quoting his/her posts, and they tried to draw me back in. They even said awhile ago, "this is my last post in this thread"! Those types of people are close-to-impossible to get along with. Especially for someone like me.

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with blocking people.  I have a few folks blocked on the boards and it makes visiting threads and reading them much better (thumbsu

17 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with blocking people.  I have a few folks blocked on the boards and it makes visiting threads and reading them much better (thumbsu

If you can get someone who argues indefinitely to block you, thats a huge WIN.  It's an admission of defeat!!

Edited by kav

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
On 9/24/2018 at 12:46 PM, TwoPiece said:

I think RMA is just supporting my decision to block said user, rather than "try to get along". Blocking will stop the problem, rather than both users measuring dongs. Y'know? When they continue to measure dongs, that's usually what ends up locking threads.

Edit: I even tried to end it by no longer quoting his/her posts, and they tried to draw me back in. They even said awhile ago, "this is my last post in this thread"! Those types of people are close-to-impossible to get along with. Especially for someone like me.

Absolutely. If you don't like what someone says, the right thing to do is simply not interact with them. The children who need their babysitters are the ones who can't control themselves, and are compelled to try and provoke conflict. The "I'm not touching you!" type people, who never managed to grow past the age of 7. 

Why that is officially ignored, I'll never know, but for the most part, it works just fine. There are people here with whom I have not interacted in years, and vice versa, because we behave like decent human beings, rather than rabid mongrels, and avoid each other's virtual space.

It's not difficult at all.

47 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Absolutely. If you don't like what someone says, the right thing to do is simply not interact with them. The children who need their babysitters are the ones who can't control themselves, and are compelled to try and provoke conflict. The "I'm not touching you!" type people, who never managed to grow past the age of 7. 

Why that is officially ignored, I'll never know, but for the most part, it works just fine. There are people here with whom I have not interacted in years, and vice versa, because we behave like decent human beings, rather than rabid mongrels, and avoid each other's virtual space.

It's not difficult at all.

:roflmao:

Screenshot 2018-10-21 at 10.10.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-21 at 10.11.06 PM.png

2 hours ago, kav said:

If you can get someone who argues indefinitely to block you, thats a huge WIN.  It's an admission of defeat!!

hm

That's an interesting theory, kav. 

Here's mine: It's a recognition of the boundaries which the administration has set...right or wrong, just or not. It should come as no surprise that those who hide behind official skirts to provoke conflict here refuse to do so where there are no such skirts behind which to hide.

Good thing there aren't any of those people around.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

hm

That's an interesting theory, kav. 

Here's mine It's a recognition of the boundaries which the administration has set...right or wrong, just or not. It should come as no surprise that those who hide behind official skirts to provoke conflict here refuse to do so where there are no such skirts behind which to hide.

Good thing there aren't any of those people around.

BLAME THE REF FOR THE LOSS!!!!  :roflmao:

8 minutes ago, kav said:

:roflmao:

Screenshot 2018-10-21 at 10.10.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2018-10-21 at 10.11.06 PM.png

You must have misunderstood my comment: ignore only works if it's mutual. One person ignoring someone doesn't give the ignored party carte blanche to endlessly attempt to provoke conflict, nor does it give them some sort of moral victory if such provocation is addressed.

I'm certain you understand that.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You must have misunderstood my comment: ignore only works if it's mutual. One person ignoring someone doesn't give the ignoring party carte blanche to endlessly provoke conflict, nor does it give them some sort of moral victory if such provocation is addressed.

I'm certain you understand that.

I disagree.  I ignore Buzz and he doesnt bother me in the slightest.  He doesnt reciprocate but that doesnt bother me either.  Because I have self control.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Good grief, kav, who are you screaming at...?

:eek:

The damn people who ref the refs I guess.

1 minute ago, kav said:

I disagree.  I ignore Buzz and he doesnt bother me in the slightest.  He doesnt reciprocate but that doesnt bother me either.  Because I have self control.

lol

Now THAT is the funniest thing you've said all year, kav. :luhv: Kudos for the belly laughs! It's good for the soul. :cloud9:

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Bu the way...you do know that you're not ignoring anyone if you mention them, right...?

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

lol

Now THAT is the funniest thing you've said all year, kav. :luhv: Kudos for the belly laughs! It's good for the soul. :cloud9:

Somehow I dont think you are laughing.  Steaming, maybe, but not laughing.