• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the "Sid's Luncheonette" COA, by RedHook

51 posts in this topic

I appreciate the input guys, and Aman, you had some nice ideas....but you know how they say....Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder.....(or is it Beyonder?). I think JCs comments were good too.......but I think it's good enough to fly and Harry printed them out. So let the cryptic reference to BoardBuddies stand........let the historians figure it out!

Red

Burnt,

This is asesome, too bad my Sub-Mariner #1 I bought from you wasn't from the Sid's. frown.gif Now I have to buy one of your Sid's books.

there will be very many affordable (relatively speaking) books offered.

i think an even dozen are top of the census and 40 of the 100 come in at 3d best or better.................. grin.gif

and, yup, no COA for the Subby #1.............so maybe a nice JLA in VF would be to your liking?!?!

Harry and Red, nice job guys! I think it really adds something to have a backstory like this to go with a nice collectible.

Aman, you could always try National Lampoon's Vaction, remember Cousin Eddie's patented hamburger-helper-without-the-hamburger sandwiches?

insane.gif

dammm.... another spec job gone nowhere!

how am I gonna pay for the BBQ this weekend? and can you make burger patties out of 9 Lives?

yup - i've printed them already, but those were nice looking tweaks!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Burnt,

This is asesome, too bad my Sub-Mariner #1 I bought from you wasn't from the Sid's. frown.gif Now I have to buy one of your Sid's books.

there will be very many affordable (relatively speaking) books offered.

i think an even dozen are top of the census and 40 of the 100 come in at 3d best or better.................. grin.gif

and, yup, no COA for the Subby #1.............so maybe a nice JLA in VF would be to your liking?!?!

Harry,

I will unfortunately be out of the buyers' market for your run of DC's with Pedigree . . . but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the next offering!

cheers, and 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

hi.gif

Congrats, Harry and Brad, for coming up with an excellent COA. Rather than letting CGC be the arbiter on all matters important to comic collectors, I think it is great you've chosen to preserve the backstory of your collection by publicizing it and devising a way to track the books as they are distributed.

When the dust settles from the DC sale, I'll drop you a PM with my address, so that I can get the COAs for the beautiful Spideys in my possession. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats, Harry and Brad, for coming up with an excellent COA. Rather than letting CGC be the arbiter on all matters important to comic collectors, I think it is great you've chosen to preserve the backstory of your collection by publicizing it and devising a way to track the books as they are distributed.

Very well said. thumbsup2.gif

Harry and Red, nice job guys! I think it really adds something to have a backstory like this to go with a nice collectible.

Aman, you could always try National Lampoon's Vaction, remember Cousin Eddie's patented hamburger-helper-without-the-hamburger sandwiches?

insane.gif

27_laughing.gif cant wait to fire up the grill now!

dammm.... another spec job gone nowhere!

how am I gonna pay for the BBQ this weekend? and can you make burger patties out of 9 Lives?

yup - i've printed them already, but those were nice looking tweaks!!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

thanx dude - -- sweet looking books!!

Harry, glad to see your books carry such a sweet looking COA. It does look fantastic. Very nice work Bradly. thumbsup2.gif

What kinda card stock, and printing did you go with?

Did you spring for Thermograph ink?

Scan, or shoot a photo of you holding a COA next to some of your books when you get time...purely for posterity of course!

And how long had it been since you were last in Sid's? Bet it was fun.

Anyhow, congrats, and good luck with your upcoming sale(s).

Ze-

Harry, glad to see your books carry such a sweet looking COA. It does look fantastic. Very nice work Bradly. thumbsup2.gif

What kinda card stock, and printing did you go with?

Did you spring for Thermograph ink?

Scan, or shoot a photo of you holding a COA next to some of your books when you get time...purely for posterity of course!

And how long had it been since you were last in Sid's? Bet it was fun.

Anyhow, congrats, and good luck with your upcoming sale(s).

Ze-

used a blue tint parchment paper which looks pretty rich.

Sid's is now, sadly, a beauty parlor. i was probably last there around 1971. i seem to recall he had started to get away from selling books and magazines and had concentrated more on doing breakfast and lunch, by then.........

i probably hung out there for the better part of 8 years but it seemed like a lifetime - what cool memories. i even still have most of the paperbacks that i bought there.

news.gifSid's Luncheonette Collection news.gif

Pedigree Offers 2 High Grade Certified Comic Runs

Industry News, Scoop, Friday, July 01, 2005

Scoop has just been informed that beginning today Pedigree Comics will be offering two large CGC-certified runs of exceptional comic books on its new arrivals section. The first run a run of 40 issues of Fantastic Four with most grading 9.6 included are issues from # 22 through issue #79. Over 75% of the run is in near mint+ condition with the remaining 10 books in near mint condition. These books come from a very passionate and finicky high-grade collector who demanded perfect registration and superior page quality in his books, as well as near mint or better condition. Every book being offered is fresh and exceptionally glossy and most are tied as the highest graded CGC copy to date. This superior certified run is being offered one week before the major motion picture hits theatres everywhere on July 8. Thirteen books will be offered on both Friday and Saturday night with the remaining fourteen going live on Sunday.

After the Fantastic Four madness is over, a CGC certified collection of early 1960's DC comics will begin being uploaded onto the new arrivals section starting on Monday night, July 4. One hundred books the now legendary Burntboy Collection (also known as the Sid's Luncheonette Collection) in CGC 8.0 grade and higher, will be listed for ten straight nights with ten books per night. Every book from this incredible original owner collection was purchased from the exact same magazine/comic wall in a small luncheonette in Orange, New Jersey by long time CGC forum member Harry Banks, who is now making a portion (the highest graded) of the DC comics of his massive 1,000 book collection available for sale.

Every major DC title from 1962 through 1964 is represented, most in 9.0 and better condition. Highlights include Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, Mystery in Space, Brave and the Bold, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, Sea Devils, Justice League of America, Atom, Metal Men, and more. Many of the books are extremely rare in any grade at all, let alone CGC certified 8.0 and higher, and never come up for sale. Almost 1/3 of the group are either the highest or second highest graded copies and a majority of the run have beautiful off-white to white page quality and superb color strike, a testament to Mr. Banks' foresight in carefully and neatly storing each book for the past 44 years. A Certificate of Authenticity will accompany each book, identifying it as a part of the "Sid's Luncheonette Collection".

Undoubtedly, this group represents a great gathering of early Silver Age DC comics and all 100 books will be available to buy and bid as none will be pre-sold. Full color images of each book will be posted on the PedigreeComics.com website for your perusal and enjoyment.

If you have any comments or questions, visit www.pedigreecomics.com or call Pedigree Comics President Doug Schmell at 561-596-9111 or email at DougSchmell@pedigreecomics.com.

Original content ©2005 Gemstone Publishing, Inc. and/or Diamond International Galleries.

All other material ©2005 respective copyright holders. All rights reserved.

Excellent! thumbsup2.gif

double that. good luck harry, hope you get sweet mad bank and make a bunch of folks happy with that sale!

Did you tell them about the microscopic sliver of your dna embedded in each certificate? gossip.gif

Did you tell them about the microscopic sliver of your dna embedded in each certificate? gossip.gif

stains?

confused-smiley-013.gif

would think that would adversely affect any sales