• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cover / Page / Commission
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2018 at 6:37 AM, comix4fun said:

715409483_GazeLarge.thumb.jpg.94d411f16848f7d2c18b44f578492ecd.jpg

The top panel (combined of course with the previous panel set-up) is one of my most favorite panels in all of comicdom; always happy to see it :golfclap: 

On 10/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, comix4fun said:

715409483_GazeLarge.thumb.jpg.94d411f16848f7d2c18b44f578492ecd.jpg

23 minutes ago, Hekla said:

The top panel (combined of course with the previous panel set-up) is one of my most favorite panels in all of comicdom; always happy to see it :golfclap: 

Let's put that one up too.... lol ...I talked myself into buying that page as well, to complete the thought as it were. Collectors can talk themselves into anything. 

943482347_FaceofFearWeb.thumb.jpg.05114c35a2043c8256f00d9b169cd857.jpg

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Let's put that one up too.... lol ...I talked myself into buying that page as well, to complete the thought as it were. Collectors can talk themselves into anything. 

I'm trying to imagine how much of a fight you put up against yourself on that  hm

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

943482347_FaceofFearWeb.thumb.jpg.05114c35a2043c8256f00d9b169cd857.jpg

Bravo, I had thought you had both pages. Memory slightly betrayed me, I thought the 'gaze into the face of fear' panel was immediately preceding. Still, one of the best panel sequences ever!

Edited by Hekla
clarity

9 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

I'm trying to imagine how much of a fight you put up against yourself on that  hm

It was a bit of a fight because, my goodness, it was not cheap. 

But then I said myself: "Self, people don't know what Dredd is talking about on that page, you NEED the preceding page to complete the thought. And I caved in."

I can be very persuasive to myself in these types of situations. 

9 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Bravo, I had thought you had both pages. Memory slightly betrayed me, I thought the 'gaze into the face of fear' panel was immediately preceding. Still, one of the best panel sequences ever!

Thanks, I appreciate it. 
It was one of the peak collecting days for me in my life, getting the Gaze page from Brian. It was about 6 months later that I got the preceding page from him. 

I was pretty giddy when I got my hands on the Gaze page. I had to rationalize the purchase to myself as "You've made thousands of good buying and selling decisions in your art collecting life....you can afford to make one really egregious error." lol

I don't collect commissions, so unfortunately I can only do 2 out of 3.  I think there are also only two artists that I have both a cover and an interior page from.  Here are a couple of Valiant pieces from CAFU.

Imperium #12 Cover

g5A5L5Y.jpg

Shadowman #12 Page 6

vhbih12.jpg

Mike

I don't collect commissions either, but I can double the number of Valiant images in the thread :smile:

X-O Manowar 1 variant cover by Bob Layton

489676729_XOManowar1variantcover.thumb.jpg.f3cfed6ac9a1a426fcfbe4c3da320ab3.jpg

From the same issue, art by Tomas Giorello

2119824430_Manowar1.thumb.jpg.99fcee325c8af50221ea466f47a5166f.jpg

Edit: I know the examples I've shown aren't from the same artist, but they are from the same issue

Edited by Hekla

Star Stream 2 Cover painted by Alfred Jarnow

253118900_starstream2cover.thumb.jpg.576403cba5311d7f3a0b74d665ad6071.jpg

From the same issue, 1st page of 'Last Voyage of the Albatross' story with art by Al McWilliams

Starstream 3 P.jpg

Edit: I know the examples I've shown aren't from the same artist, but they are from the same issue

Edited by Hekla