• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oddly Similar Comic Covers
11 11

897 posts in this topic

On 10/26/2023 at 10:41 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.32936951d375459dfda269e8e53b6226.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.a6914d43887d1cae50759300d3cdb2a1.jpg

Hide contents

s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.32936951d375459dfda269e8e53b6226.jpg

"Please, Andrea...I love you!"

"...can't you see that I can't forget Lloyd...that I still love him...that I'll always love him?"

"I know you still have feelings for him Andrea, but look - does he have a left hand this big?"

"You do have a big left hand Dave, I'll give you that...oh, I'm so confused!"

"Well then. And look at the paintings you'd be giving up. Sure, they look like a monkey scribbled on them but we chose them, Andrea - you and I"

"I've got to hand it to you Dave..."

"Well of course you have. Look at the f:censored:ing size of it"

Both of those covers are odd.  Lloyd's hand, as you say is massive, but why is he holding it up like that?  It looks like he's just enumerated 4 reasons she should go with him. Or he's about to break into 'Stop in the name of love'.   Meanwhile, the other is randomly pointing, seemingly at the word 'wondered' and both ladies are holding their heads like they're about to do a classic mask removal. 

(I had to post this one btw, as I just love the fact that Hawkeye is somehow wearing a mask under his mask). 

Cap5.jpg

On 10/26/2023 at 10:56 PM, Malacoda said:

Both of those covers are odd.  Lloyd's hand, as you say is massive, but why is he holding it up like that?  It looks like he's just enumerated 4 reasons she should go with him. Or he's about to break into 'Stop in the name of love'.   Meanwhile, the other is randomly pointing, seemingly at the word 'wondered' and both ladies are holding their heads like they're about to do a classic mask removal. 

(I had to post this one btw, as I just love the fact that Hawkeye is somehow wearing a mask under his mask). 

Cap5.jpg

All superfluous Rich. It's all about the furniture.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:10 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

All superfluous Rich. It's all about the furniture.

They do seem to share the same interior designer. Do you reckon he did that 'dentist's waiting room' look in everyone's home? 

On 10/26/2023 at 10:56 PM, Malacoda said:

It's amazing what you can fit under those masks, isn't it Richmond.

s-l1600(2).jpg.c2d5725cbb9d94dc4cbb69ceca083915.jpg

But that's not what this thread is about.

And remember - oddly similar, is the order of the day...

On 10/27/2023 at 9:26 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

And remember - oddly similar, please...

That's the trick really, isn't it? I'm not sure I have the eye for that. What you're looking for is a kind of not-immediately-obvious similarity, which is quite nebulous. I have to say that some of the contributors on here have made great comparisons and shrewd observations, and I'm not in their league.  For example,  these two.  Off kilter guy in the foreground, mysterious tunnel right of centre and the guy on the right in the second one is kind of like one of the shadows in the first. From the right angle, that top shadow could actually be that guy's shadow.  But does that make it oddly similar or just actually similar? Or extremely similar? 

image.png.e1052c7891e8be214956f79ccb88a3dd.pngimage.png.7ba2d8f7117390d4776602bea6a7de30.png

Edited by Malacoda

On 10/27/2023 at 10:03 AM, Malacoda said:

That's the trick really, isn't it? I'm not sure I have the eye for that. What you're looking for is a kind of not-immediately-obvious similarity, which is quite nebulous. I have to say that some of the contributors on here have made great comparisons and shrewd observations, and I'm not in their league.  For example,  these two.  Off kilter guy in the foreground, mysterious tunnel right of centre and the guy on the right in the second one is kind of like one of the shadows in the first. From the right angle, that top shadow could actually be that guy's shadow.  But does that make it oddly similar or just actually similar? Or extremely similar? 

image.png.e1052c7891e8be214956f79ccb88a3dd.pngimage.png.7ba2d8f7117390d4776602bea6a7de30.png

Don't overthink it

On 10/26/2023 at 5:41 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.32936951d375459dfda269e8e53b6226.jpgs-l1600.thumb.jpg.a6914d43887d1cae50759300d3cdb2a1.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.32936951d375459dfda269e8e53b6226.jpg

"Please, Andrea...I love you!"

"...can't you see that I can't forget Lloyd...that I still love him...that I'll always love him?"

"I know you still have feelings for him Andrea, but look - does he have a left hand this big?"

"You do have a big left hand Dave, I'll give you that...oh, I'm so confused!"

"Well then. And look at the paintings you'd be giving up. Sure, they look like a monkey scribbled on them but we chose them, Andrea - you and I"

"I've got to hand it to you Dave..."

"Well of course you have. Look at the f:censored:ing size of it"

Carl may be sinful, but at least he has good taste in clothes. Lloyd on the other hand...sheesh, red tie, white shirt, blue vest, black coat, and brown slacks. I'm surprised he's not wearing sneakers.

On 10/27/2023 at 1:57 PM, Gaard said:

Carl may be sinful, but at least he has good taste in clothes. Lloyd on the other hand...sheesh, red tie, white shirt, blue vest, black coat, and brown slacks. I'm surprised he's not wearing sneakers.

That's how I dress...... :eek:

On 10/27/2023 at 10:40 PM, ganni said:

Its not how you dress, that defines you.  Its how you use that big left hand...(thumbsu

I'm getting Bale Batman voice again....

On 11/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, gadzukes said:

JPEG image.jpeg

IMG_0630.jpeg

I sense the approach of a ‘Fight Scenes on Staircases’ thread.