• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2021 at 3:00 PM, profholt82 said:

It's been a banner week for my Bat collection. The 181 "1st Poison Ivy" has finally arrived. I'd been after this book for ages, and finally got one at the price I was shooting for. I was actually looking for a 5.0 to match the 1st Batgirl, but 5.5 is close enough. Displayed with her sisters in the basement gaming nook. Haha

20210723-134731.jpg

And this arrived over the weekend, and is now mounted on the wall in my main mancave area. It's an animation cel from a set that WB issued in the mid-90s from 'Batman the Animated Series.' I loved the show, and when I saw this piece for sale, I had to have it. Batgirl's hair is really vibrant when you see it in person. I was able to negotiate a price that both the seller and myself were happy with.

20210716-114709.jpg

Wow thanks for sharing thats amazing!

On 7/23/2021 at 2:00 PM, profholt82 said:

It's been a banner week for my Bat collection. The 181 "1st Poison Ivy" has finally arrived. I'd been after this book for ages, and finally got one at the price I was shooting for. I was actually looking for a 5.0 to match the 1st Batgirl, but 5.5 is close enough. Displayed with her sisters in the basement gaming nook. Haha

20210723-134731.jpg

That looks amazing. I've been telling myself that I shouldn't spend any more money and get BA 12, but I want to do this same style of setup, and it's the last one I need...

On 7/23/2021 at 3:28 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That looks amazing. I've been telling myself that I shouldn't spend any more money and get BA 12, but I want to do this same style of setup, and it's the last one I need...

Thanks. I remember talking to you about that in one of the Batman threads a while back when you got your 181. They do go well together, don't they? I bought that BA12 from a boardie last year, wasn't cheap, but they've definitely gone up some since then (like just about everything). But that said, they seem to be fairly plentiful on ebay nowadays, at least the direct editions anyway, so I'm sure with a bit of patience and vigilance you'll be able to get one for a fair price.

I was thinking that the 1st appearance of Catwoman would be a cool addition at some point as well, but then I realized that she debuted in Batman 1. Hahaha

Her first silver appearance is in a Lois Lane book, and I'm not crazy about it really. I was thinking maybe her first cover appearance which is Detective 122. Still pretty dang expensive, but maybe someday. It's a nice looking cover.

@greggy

You've got some great books there.

And I mean this sincerely, not trying to offend, but maybe in the future, just post a few of your favorites, and then hide the rest in a spoiler tag. For those not viewing the site via high speed internet, loading this page can slow to a crawl with that many images. A spoiler tag hides them until we click on it. Again, not trying to offend, it's just a helpful forum tip.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:08 PM, profholt82 said:

@greggy

And I mean this sincerely, not trying to offend, but maybe in the future, just post a few of your favorites, and then hide the rest in a spoiler tag. For those not viewing the site via high speed internet, loading this page can slow to a crawl with that many images. A spoiler tag hides them until we click on it. Again, not trying to offend, it's just a helpful forum tip.

@kav That’s what she said, she likes long things, specifically in threads :banana:

On 7/25/2021 at 7:08 PM, profholt82 said:

@greggy

You have a big “FU dork” coming…:popcorn:

On 7/25/2021 at 8:09 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

Pickups in Savannah 

54AF2469-DD9A-4D8D-8314-75797C5FA571.jpeg

9D363562-DB9E-44F6-9ADC-8CA6F58D9FEF.jpeg

C75ECAA5-046E-4064-BA29-77DD605F584B.jpeg

E01AB94A-5E98-4850-8CFC-A546DD2206F2.jpeg

F9EB2D2D-EC56-4EC3-A66C-7531AA43859E.jpeg

E5729571-6E5C-488A-8CAD-E78F41868470.jpeg

I was semi afraid you were only going after captain marvel for some odd reason, thought I read that lol

Those are great additions though, I still have a few neal Adam's tecs and bats to go after.

Nice copies though. :whee: