• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2021 at 5:13 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It's interesting - I thought this was the first appearance of Arnim Zola, but it looks like they're calling his first appearance 208 (I didn't have the opportunity to buy 208 anyway, it wasn't available). But in 208, he's only shown once on the last page, and in 209 he's the main story...

classic Cameo vs Full appearance situation

I rarely buy from Mile High, but you can sometimes find decent pricing (if you beat the spec lists). Obviously you have to use their 50% or 60% off coupons to get even close to market prices. I added 2 UF4 second prints and the Pichelli 2nd print to my collection (those were on their ebay store). I have one of each at CGC right now. I think I might send these to Baltimore for Bendis to sign (if he doesn't cancel).

I don't usually buy stuff after seeing it on spec lists (I try to have it before they hit the lists), but I didnt have that Robinson Nebula cover and love it. I grabbed the A cover too. The Mile High website had not adjusted ("raised") the prices when I purchased...

IMG_5463.thumb.jpg.62a3c94080775aade2fe08d92a048b8b.jpg

Prices I paid:

Ultimate Fallout 4 2nd Print Bagley $160 each (they still have these on ebay).

Ultimate Fallout 4 2nd Print Pichelli $120 (still on ebay)

The prices dipped recently so I think its a good time to buy in on Miles. All three of these look NM+ at least. No spine ticks, no rub. Fingers crossed.

US Avengers #1 Stegman was $40 (looks NM+ or better too). The picture looks like it has a spine tick, but that's glare thankfully.

The Nebula #1 A was $15 and the ratio (I think its a 1:25?) was $50. Both look NM+ or better. The ratio has a little spine stress, but no ticks. A press might get it to 9.8, but well see. Sending this to Baltimore to get Robinson to sign it. Those prices are right around market (Cover A goes a little higher now).

I know a lot of people on Mile High, but the times Ive bought from them, I get good copies. You just have to be careful on their prices. Most of the time, they are way over market even with their coupon. I think these are my first purchase from them in a couple years. 

Top row of this picture were actually ones I found in my own short boxes (that I didnt know I had). So, not "technically" additions to my collection, but finds. The Nova #1 was an ebay purchase (I think I paid $14). The Champions were from Midtown Comics. All are clean NM or better copies. I think Midtown still has the Champions #1 on their site for $10...

IMG_5464.thumb.jpg.66ba27094fcd5dc477d4861cb1107d4a.jpg

All of these are from a local LCS ($6-8 each). 2, 4, & 5 are NM or better. #6 was labeled as NM-, but I dont really see any significant issues. No spine ticks and spines stress isnt bad. Maybe a press will help..

IMG_5465.thumb.jpg.7fb7e34fd74ef5d8d6b63dd8a54c544e.jpg

The IM 12 were FOC purchases that finally came in. TFAW. Im always worried with TFAW since some times hot books just never get sent after you pre-order. Thankfully, these did and all look NM+ or better.

The Mace Windu is one that Ive been trying to buy for a year or so now. I just never could find the right book/condition for the right price. This one looked NM+ or better on the auction and I paid $180 for it. I think the price has fallen a bit on it recently, but I do think she is going to be in a live action show or movie at some point. The Nova was same has previous picture. Didnt realize I had already taken a picture. haha....

IMG_5466.thumb.jpg.7186528fd604f19e98f5f0da4fae79d9.jpg

Some Venom purchases from a local LCS. I'm sending these off to get Cates/Stegman to sign for the CGC in-house signing and I didn't have any Venom covers other than a few #1's. These weren't necessarily great buys, but I like to support my local LCS's...

IMG_5468.thumb.jpg.f51505d766d35f12b61a86cdcd39f475.jpg