• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This will complete my x-men 30 cent variant run!!  :)

20220327_134300.jpg

Congrats on completing the set, that's great. Love the 30 centers.

On 3/27/2022 at 1:49 PM, F For Fake said:
On 3/27/2022 at 1:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

This will complete my x-men 30 cent variant run!!  :)

20220327_134300.jpg

Expand  

Congrats on completing the set, that's great. Love the 30 centers.

Found it at the LCS for $50, I traded for it, about $62 cost to me, for these two!  :banana:

Only vg but I'll take it, as it was more my collecting focus, than the $62 of books I traded. I traded under copies of x-men 99 and 95 only fair condition and some invincible under copies like #68 1st dinosaurus and #75, which I already submitted one and came back 9.6. I think a vf punisher limited #2 was in there as well. So dealer got something that'll sell for him I think. 

On 3/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, William-James88 said:

Standard I guess. Are there variants?

MCS shows 3 (A,B,Texas) but I am leaving off the Dynamic Forces Signed as they are still the same cover. I also have been looking for a newsstand, but as of yet have not seen one on any cover. 

Spoiler

20220327_205815.thumb.jpg.7728fb3a5923b4eabf7cdf5cb7fc9033.jpg20220327_205836.jpg.05747c509f07d6350cda7abfd020655a.jpg

EDIT: Just looked at yours again and it looks like cover A as cover B looks like it doesn't have the title and more of a "Virgin" edition. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

On 3/27/2022 at 3:02 PM, F For Fake said:

Hey all! Time for my Lexington Comic and Toy Con report. As always, I don't think I have enough to say to make it worthy of a thread unto itself, so I'll hijack this one for a couple of posts. Mike, if you need to move it, I understand.

So, I haven't been to a "real" comic show since before the pandemic started, and I haven't been to this show in about four years. This is the tenth year, and it's amazing how it's grown. I used to go for the entire weekend, but once attendance crossed the 25k mark, I stopped going. Just too many people for my taste. However, they have added a four hour "Comics Only preview night" for comic shoppers on Thursday, and Friday afternoon is also easy enough to get around, so I had a good time.

I had no real goals or anything on my list. My plan was to stick to the cheap stuff, which is what I like best anyway. I wasn't even looking at wall books, which is good, because prices are $$$. If there were deals on keys, I sure didn't see them. So, I stuck to the bargain bins.

As for con chatter, I heard multiple people ask dealers for The Last Ronin. There were also a lot of turtle books in general. However, I chalk this up to the fact that Kevin Eastman was going to be at the show Sat/Sun. Otherwise, I heard requests for horror titles, Dave Stevens, and lots and lots of window shoppers for the big keys. I did personally observe someone pay $3600 cash for a CGC 8.5 Scooby Doo #1, so I guess that's something?

There was a pretty decent selection of comic vendors this year. I felt like in the last couple of years I attended, the show was being overrun by Funko Pops and suchlike. So this was nice to see. I was going to take a lot of wall pics, but I was beat by Friday night, and quit after a couple. There were a lot of nice books there, but I think Buzzard Brothers and DT Comics had the best. So here are some wall pics. Buzzard apparently did an IG live thing on Thursday, someone told me they sold a book for $20k? I'm not sure, i didn't see that. But they had some sweet stuff.

Anyway, wall pics, then I'll get to my haul.

IMG_5222.JPG

IMG_5223.JPG

IMG_5224.JPG

IMG_5225.JPG

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG

sweet wall books

Edited by Courageous Cat

On 3/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, Courageous Cat said:

sweet wall books

Yeah, there was some really nice stuff at the show this year. I had big plans to get a bunch of pics, but you know, best laid plans and all that...

On 3/28/2022 at 4:48 PM, Terry JSA said:

Thanks! I didn’t plan on buying anything at the show, but since they were solid copies somewhere in the FN/VF range, I thought I’d have no problem making my money back.

No worries! I saw you looking at the Hulk 1 the day you bought it. At least I think it was you 😬

On 3/28/2022 at 4:54 PM, djpinkpanther67 said:

No worries! I saw you looking at the Hulk 1 the day you bought it. At least I think it was you 😬

I ended up getting my Hulk #1 at the Giant-Size Charlotte Mini-Con through a trade with Mark Foy. If you were there, it was probably me. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:33 PM, Terry JSA said:

I ended up getting my Hulk #1 at the Giant-Size Charlotte Mini-Con through a trade with Mark Foy. If you were there, it was probably me. 

:shy: I was at the mini-con. Pretty sure I glimpsed the transaction as I was on my way to another table.

Mark’s a good guy. 

Edited by djpinkpanther67
Grammar, I think?