• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

I picked up these three from a trade with another double cover collector. This is probably the biggest acquisition that I made towards my ASM and JIM/Thor double covers since the purchase of a double cover ASM #129. My focus narrowed significantly since I decided to look around for a house.

Apologies, as I can't currently find a camera to take a picture of the inner covers.

This one was probably the trade fodder of the lot: Thor #139. Silver Age Thor with a double cover. The big crease on the cover translates into the second cover, so they both run around a VGish. A solid book, but nothing too remarkable about it.

thor139rm7.jpg

This book is my second favorite part of the trade: CGC 9.6 Thor #222. Gotta love the fact that it's a double cover #222 with a $0.20 cent cover and both covers are the same grade. If Two-Face collected comic books, this would be one of his grails. :grin:

thor222ey7.jpg

This was the central piece of the trade: Amazing Spider-Man #45. The outer cover is nice, but there are some odd scratches toward the bottom. The inner cover for this book is the reason why I really wish I had my camera. The colors are even brighter and fresher than the outside and probably grades at a 9.2 with an outside shot of a 9.4. The size of this scan is bigger, so I opted for a clickable thumbnail rather than a full sized pic.

asm45eh6.th.jpg

I traded some double cover books for it, but it is always convenient to trade with other collectors with differing interests so we both get what we want. I'm happy as a clam. :grin:

Nice stuff as usual Greggy :applause:

Picked up my 1st VVSS typically don't go after these but with the price and the fact Shadowman has to be one of my favorite characters. Just cleaning up my Valiant runs a little bit more.

vvss.jpg