• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

A common scene repeated often amongst many a collector...

We all have our mini-grails, our guilty pleasure grails and of course our ultimate grails.

For me a chance to pick up my ultimate grail arose and i gladly took it up. The hard part is the waiting knowing that it is on its way, wining it's way from CGC to the land down under.

And walking through the front door to find a box waiting there and you start wondering "is it finally here"..and the funny aspect that hits you is that...you've been waiting sp patiently for it, and yet you patiently, cautiously open the box, pull back the bubble wrap... and there it lays

x-men1.jpg

It's not Tec 27 nor an Action 1. It's not any number of landmark titles that populate the golden age and many times it is a point of some derision.

But for me it is the start of a title that i remember as being the first comic i ever read that stayed with me. The first title that i ever started collected and looked forward to each month (albeit a little behind those in that states) to read the stories of my favorite band of marvelous, merry mutants.

So at this moment, i be a very happy aussie and my greatest appreciation to Brent from Quality Comix!!

Apart from my quest for Keys...I do like the other 'keys'..The GOLD KEYS.

As a child growing up in the UK in the 1960s, Television was limited unbelievably to just 2 channels. BBC1 & ITV. Along came BBC2 in 1968.

TV over here seemed to have a strict diet of Coronation Street, Old B & W American Gangster Movies with Cagney, Bogey & Robinson et al, John Wayne War films & John Wayne Westerns, Elliot Ness & The Untouchables, and the early USA TV Shows such as Burke's Law, Wagon Train, Addams Family etc etc.

Of course we had our own great stuff as well such as The Avengers, but the American series produced by Desilu, Quinn Martin and those ilk were very memorable.

THE INVADERS had a big effect on me. I found it morose, bleak, thought provoking & scary.

Classic!! :applause:

I've just acquired the full set of 4 books of the series...here they are.

BOOK 1--- 9.0 RANDOM HOUSE ARCHIVES FILE COPY

P1180013.jpg

P1180014.jpg

flash214_85_rosa.jpg

Jim

Nice book :golfclap:, however what was the problem with DC in those days and their ability to spell the word GAUNTLET?

I've lost count of the number of times I have seen printed as 'GANTLET".

its an accepted spelling. go figure. drove me nuts the first time i saw it, too

Nope, bought them(kinda) already slabbed :)

well, to be honest, i kinda suspected that...as we both know there is no way you're going to pull a 9.4 on DC submission. seriously.

:baiting: