• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Chilling Tales #13 which is actually the first issue. Classic Matt Fox cover and Fox interior art. Vey nice gloss on this copy and is cut much better than most copies you will ever see.

This is the River City pedigree copy, which is usually distinguished by the arrival marking dates. Really glad to have picked this one up.

Scott

ChillingTales13.jpg

Beautiful Book!!! I would love to own a copy of that book. In fact it just inspired me to buy this and I don't collect pulps.

1ff7_1.jpg

Now that is what I would consider a cover swipe. I have never seen that Weird Tales before, but I like it. Thanks for showing it!

Scott

oaaw28453877.jpg

i've been in search of a good double cover.

Any idea why it didn't get a 9.4? Double cover books usually get the an overall grade of the inside cover.

Very good question. I wonder if it is a labeling error? That might be worth a call to CGC.

oaaw28453877.jpg

i've been in search of a good double cover.

Any idea why it didn't get a 9.4? Double cover books usually get the an overall grade of the inside cover.

not really worried about it. the only books i have in cgc cases are signature books. everything else is raw, just as these books will be when they arrive. i really don't worry about grades.

Chilling Tales #13 which is actually the first issue. Classic Matt Fox cover and Fox interior art. Vey nice gloss on this copy and is cut much better than most copies you will ever see.

This is the River City pedigree copy, which is usually distinguished by the arrival marking dates. Really glad to have picked this one up.

Scott

ChillingTales13.jpg

Beautiful Book!!! I would love to own a copy of that book. In fact it just inspired me to buy this and I don't collect pulps.

1ff7_1.jpg

Now that is what I would consider a cover swipe. I have never seen that Weird Tales before, but I like it. Thanks for showing it!

Scott

Its by Matt Fox as well and is from 1949.