• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,057 posts in this topic

Suspense 19 with blinding color. Russ Heath cover.

I love the look that the grave digger is giving the startled man/victim. His sinister eyes are worth the price of admission on this one.

This is also the Northford pedigree copy.

Scott

Suspense19.jpg

I love the look that the grave digger is giving the startled man/victim. His sinister eyes are worth the price of admission on this one.

Scott

Suspense19.jpg

Great pre-code pickups. Where did you find these gems?

Law Against Crime #3. If there was ever an under-graded book, this one is it. If all 7.0's looked like this one, I would never try to buy anything higher.

Highest graded copy in the census. Seduction of the Innocent book with both mentions on numerous pages, and a SOTI illustration that depicts two lover shot through the head while parked in a lovers lane. The story deal with a predator/thrill killer. Quite alot to get Doc Wertham all worked up about and it did its job well. A very important book and piece of history. Classic LB Cole cover.

Scott

LawCrime3.1.jpg

LawCrime3.2.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder why Superman started losing readers? Maybe because they made fat kids --- about 40% of their customer base ---- feel bad?

How many times did Spiderman have some silly "I'm so fat I'm embarassed" covers?

And Marvel had fatties who kicked arse like The Blob and Kingpin!

Chilling Tales #13 which is actually the first issue. Classic Matt Fox cover and Fox interior art. Vey nice gloss on this copy and is cut much better than most copies you will ever see.

This is the River City pedigree copy, which is usually distinguished by the arrival marking dates. Really glad to have picked this one up.

Scott

ChillingTales13.jpg

One of my new favorites and what I would consider a grail aquisition.

Thing! 14. All Ditko. Cover and four awesomely gruseome stories.

OPG notes that this book contains excessive violence and torture. You think?

First story involves a horror spin on the fairy tale Rumplestiltskin. In this story he is a demon who wants to be the leader/lord of all the underworld demons. He will prove his mettle by tattoing the marks of the damned on the stretched skin of an infant. I told you this book was sick.

Second story involves a vicious wife beater/drunk who is married to a powerful sorcerous who does not believe in her power. He believes it once she brands him between the eyes and has three feet long rats gnaw off his arms and legs while he is awake. Bloody stumps everywhere people.

Third story involves a man unjustly accused of murder and is dealt with through mob mentality. He is thrown into a mine and left to rot once the support beams are pulled away by the mob. Fast forward many years and the area is now a nuclear testing ground. Once the bomb is dropped our "hero" is released and then goes out to find the ones who did him wrong. However, anyone or anything that comes near him dies a horrible death due to radiation poisoning. A really, really good story and one of my favorite Ditko horror stories.

Fourth story involves a killer demon and a screwed up inheritance that not everyone wants to receive on their 35th birthday.

This book is a beast. Case closed.

Scott

Thing14.1.jpg

Thing14.2.jpg

Chilling Tales #13 which is actually the first issue. Classic Matt Fox cover and Fox interior art. Vey nice gloss on this copy and is cut much better than most copies you will ever see.

This is the River City pedigree copy, which is usually distinguished by the arrival marking dates. Really glad to have picked this one up.

Scott

ChillingTales13.jpg

Beautiful Book!!! I would love to own a copy of that book. In fact it just inspired me to buy this and I don't collect pulps.

1ff7_1.jpg

Scott

Suspense19.jpg

(thumbs u :cloud9::applause:

Anyone familiar with offbeat British Comedy TV progs, will surely see the uncanny resemblance of the Gravedigger to one of the regular contestants of the 'staring contest' on BIG TRAIN.

:o Wow Scott ... incredible books (as usual) (worship) I don't collect GA or SA horror, but seeing your books makes me want to start.

Thanks alot man. The last thing you want to do is collect pre-code horror. Move along......nothing to see here. :baiting:lol

Scott