• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

A 20% off sale at the LCS and a night of steak and beer with friends and I bring home my first GA book :cloud9: It's not HG but, hey, it's a nice start :)

Planet-62.jpg

Edited by Karma23

A 20% off sale at the LCS and a night off steak and beer with friends and I bring home my first GA book :cloud9: It's not HG but, hey, it's a nice start :)

Planet-62.jpg

Very cool book!! I love how his punch shatters the merman's helmet. That's gonna leave a mark! :o

That cover does not suck.

(worship)

Short story behind my new book. I sold it in 2004 at the Toronto con when I split up with my ex. I happened to split up the weekend of the con and needed $$ to find a place to stay (I slept in the car that nite). Anyway it was the bluest, brightest JIM #83 I have ever seen. It's a 5.0 or so because of water stains on the back cover and interior. Sad to say it now has a staple pop that was not there before, and the cover is not as blue as I remember it but wow look at those yellows and reds! How often do you find a 5.0 that looks like this!

JourneyIntoMystery835_0.jpg

That cover does not suck.

(worship)

Short story behind my new book. I sold it in 2004 at the Toronto con when I split up with my ex. I happened to split up the weekend of the con and needed $$ to find a place to stay (I slept in the car that nite). Anyway it was the bluest, brightest JIM #83 I have ever seen. It's a 5.0 or so because of water stains on the back cover and interior. Sad to say it now has a staple pop that was not there before, and the cover is not as blue as I remember it but wow look at those yellows and reds! How often do you find a 5.0 that looks like this!

JourneyIntoMystery835_0.jpg

Great book and yes it looks better than a 5.0. Even though the history behind it is jaded, I always think its great when you can look at a book and a flood of memories are produced. (thumbs u

How about some cheezy British reprints bought just for the heck of it? Nothing high-grade, although the Spectre Stories are up in the vf range. Does anyone have information about these? I'm trying to index them for GCD.

Jack

Blackhawk 17 1956 Strato Publications, British, 68-pp. squarebound,

B&W w/ color cov., reprints Blackhawk 120 and DC (only?) science fiction

anthology stories

56700-Blackhawk17.jpg

Race for the Moon 4 British, horror reprints including Ditko

(Atlas?) and probably Jack Davis, squarebound, B&W w/ color cover,

1950s?, 68 pp.

56701-RaceMoon4.jpg

Spectre Stories 4 John Spencer & Co. Ltd., British, B&W w/ color

cov., crude artwork, horror stories, 1950s reprints?

56702-Spectre4.jpg

Spectre Stories 5 John Spencer & Co. Ltd., British, B&W w/ color

cov., crude artwork, horror stories, 1950s?, all original, printed in

Italy

56703-Spectre5.jpg