• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

German Variant. Had to have it. Picked up 3 of them, hopefully one comes back with a decent grade.

CapGerman.jpg

I see they converted the swastikas to little boxes

Wow! You're right! I hadn't noticed that on those reprints before. Good catch. (thumbs u

Picked up three Sid's books from Burntboy. Look better in person the to TOS are super glossy!!! Then picked up a couple books for my daughter's ...ahem....collection :whistle:

5-5004.jpg

5-5003.jpg

5-5002.jpg

5-5001.jpg

5-5.jpg

Picked up three Sid's books from Burntboy. Look better in person the to TOS are super glossy!!! Then picked up a couple books for my daughter's ...ahem....collection :whistle:

5-5004.jpg

5-5003.jpg

5-5002.jpg

5-5001.jpg

5-5.jpg

lol I need to pick up some Archies lol

Nice thing about Archies is even though they can be tough to find in nice shape you can still find them cheap. Heck, I have a Jughead's Folly on the way and I only paid a fraction of guide and its consider Rare in OS (whatever that means).

I took the plunge and purchased this copy of Golden Comics Digest #31 8/73 on eBay. I needed it for my run but had been holding out for a HTF, higher grade copy.

After holding out for a few years, I pretty much forgot about the book and focused on the more available issues. Then, not too long ago, Jayman...I think.... posted a copy of the book in the dragons and dinosaurs thread. :o His post renewed my interest in looking for a copy. I started searching the internet and any other options I could think of, with no success. I had all but given up the search when one day, out of the blue, I receive an email notice from ebay, informing me that a Turok had been listed and that I should "BUY IT NOW"!! lol

I checked the auction and looked over the expected, small pics. They gave no real clue of the grade. The book was described as being NM with a small abrasion on the upper right corner :o

Since i've been burned many times before by raw, eBay/NM books, I was skeptical hm

I contected the seller (basementcomics) about the condition of the book and checked the scans a trillion times without seeing any major flaws other than the slight abrasion already mentioned by the seller. I decided that the book could be worth the risk and also reminded myself that it could be a long time before another higher grade copy comes around. I took the chance, hit the BIN doh! and told myself that even if it turned out to be a 9.2, i'd be happy.

I received the book today and think that (Basementcomics) was real close with their NM grade. It's glossy and the only real flaw that I can find is the very small abrasion on the FC / URC and the spot on the top edge (looks huge in the scan) To be honest, i'd be happy even if it turned out to be slightly under NM -. :)

Thanks for looking.

Super cool book! I am tempted greatly by Turoks, but it's just too much for me to bite into.

Thanks, Jim.

Hopefully you can find that UXM 295 9.6 or higher soon too.

Nice book. (thumbs u

Thanks, I hope so. :wishluck:

Congrats Casey. I don't think I've seen a slabbed copy of that book above 9.0.

Is UXM 295 really that tough to find in 9.6? Is it because it was bagged?

Thanks, Jim.

Nice book. (thumbs u

Thanks, Andrew. It is very tough. According to the current census, there are zero 9.6's and only five 9.8's. It is due mostly to the frigging card they bagged with the comic. It left a crease on the back cover of virtually every copy. I have yet to find a raw copy without this crease.

Thanks, Jim.

Nice book. (thumbs u

Thanks, Andrew. It is very tough. According to the current census, there are zero 9.6's and only five 9.8's. It is due mostly to the frigging card they bagged with the comic. It left a crease on the back cover of virtually every copy. I have yet to find a raw copy without this crease.

doh!

I remember picking this one up off the stands but I didn't pay attention to these things back then. I have a friend who should have tons of these. If he does, I'll check his stock to see if I can find you a raw 9.6 candidate.