• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Thanks, Jim.

Hopefully you can find that UXM 295 9.6 or higher soon too.

Nice book. (thumbs u

Thanks, I hope so. :wishluck:

Congrats Casey. I don't think I've seen a slabbed copy of that book above 9.0.

Is UXM 295 really that tough to find in 9.6? Is it because it was bagged?

Thanks, Andrew. It is very tough. According to the current census, there are zero 9.6's and only five 9.8's. It is due mostly to the frigging card they bagged with the comic. It left a crease on the back cover of virtually every copy. I have yet to find a raw copy without this crease.

doh!

I remember picking this one up off the stands but I didn't pay attention to these things back then. I have a friend who should have tons of these. If he does, I'll check his stock to see if I can find you a raw 9.6 candidate.

(thumbs u

Nice books, Greggy! Did you finally realize how crappy DC's are? :baiting:

Here are some cool Marvel/Atlas Westerns I just picked up from houseofcomics:

Kid_Colt-5.jpg

Two-Gun_Kid-6.jpg

Two-Gun_Kid-21.jpg

Here's what I just got in the mail. Been looking for a cheap copy for a while, so I was thrilled to get it with a lot of books on ebay for under $10 shipped. It is a 1930 first printing of Philip Wylie's "Gladiator." Supposedly this edition (but not *this* book...) was on the childhood bookshelves of Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel....

57713-gladiator.jpg.c80422fde18709f18aa29fa49dd070f7.jpg

While not in High grade I was able to snag this cheap. It one of those books that look much better in person. My only book that Overstreet lists as rare plus the first mention of Elvis in comics.

5-5005.jpg

Here's what I just got in the mail. Been looking for a cheap copy for a while, so I was thrilled to get it with a lot of books on ebay for under $10 shipped. It is a 1930 first printing of Philip Wylie's "Gladiator." Supposedly this edition (but not *this* book...) was on the childhood bookshelves of Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel....

Very cool pickup!! (thumbs u Let us know if its worth reading.

While not in High grade I was able to snag this cheap. It one of those books that look much better in person. My only book that Overstreet lists as rare plus the first mention of Elvis in comics.

5-5005.jpg

I love the writing on the cover. I think it adds something special. Maybe I'm crazy.