• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

After talking and coordinating with a guy for about two weeks to see approx 50,000 comics from a store backstock that closed sometime in early-mid 90s, today I finally got to go through the first 10% or so of the inventory. And I had a blast doing it. Recently, I looked at about 70 boxes of another store's backstock and the collection was mostly quarter fodder 90s drek. That wasn't the case today. There was a wide range of issues available, and some of it was drek, but there were many issues that made it a pleasure to waste 4 hours on. I'll probably go through some more tomorrow and could take awhile to go through it all.

Here's a sampling of what I bought today...and did I mention the collection was chock full of issues with MJ inserts? :grin:

Starslayer #2 Nice Grell issue...

starslayer2.jpg

...but what was really great is what I found on the backing board...

grellauto.jpg

Well, I may not be a CGC signature witness, but that's definately Mike's signature and sketch. Heckuva nice find! I love that kind of surprise.

Lee

That is a cool find.....I've had that happen to me with a couple Neal Adams books I bought as a kid at a convention once.....I still have those books to this day...

Found this book in the mail today....I love this cover....

GL8696OWW.jpg

Edited by Twistty1

Hey gang, been away from the forum and comics for a while but they always drag me back in. This week I jumped in with both feet.

ASM #3

ASM #6

ASM #46

ASM #51

ASM #56

ASM #67

ASM #73

ASM #101

ASM #360

ASM #365

Watchmen #1

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen #1 (regular & Dynamic Forces)

Cap #34 9.8 CGC (Dynamic Forces)

Marvel Boy #1 (2001)

Last week I picked up at a flea market of all things:

TOS #1

TTA #1

TTA #12 (I love Gorgilla!)

With the bad economy, people are really dumping collections. I went to a shop in Gadsden to discover the owner had just bought an ASM run. Never thought I'd score the Morbius issue. Have been collecting football rookie cards for the last two years, now I'm in a comic book mood.

ps: just brought Sandman #1 home, it was worth getting stuck in 5 o'clock traffic for that one.

Edited by Mo Fun

What grades would you estimate the early issues to be?

I'd say the 3 is VG+, 6 is VG the rest are F to VF. TOS & TTA are VG+, of course I would have bought those in almost any condition because I never thought I would run across them.