• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

I have to give A BIG thanks to MrBedrock for giving me 1st crack on these super HG TOS books he got in..not a single Tick on the spine, sharp corner and news stand fresh gloss on the covers doesn' get much better on these books...and worth every cent i had to pay for them

Im one happy TOS collector right now i only wish i had a scanner to show how truly nice these books are

:applause: Good stuff Chris! How close are you now?

Chris,you have to get those books graded :)

I have to give A BIG thanks to MrBedrock for giving me 1st crack on these super HG TOS books he got in..not a single Tick on the spine, sharp corner and news stand fresh gloss on the covers doesn' get much better on these books...and worth every cent i had to pay for them

Im one happy TOS collector right now i only wish i had a scanner to show how truly nice these books are

i got 39,40,43,50,52,59,65,71, 74,78,84,87,89,94,97,99

still got a way to go...need to focus on 41-42 next but i just couldnt pass on 9.6 shot raws when he showed me these last week

Edited by c-mack

Chris,you have to get those books graded :)

planning on it withend a week or two....i had to spend alot just to get them but man i wish i could show you them in hand

JIM8345.jpg

As usual, Korvac brings the goods.

If you ever tire of the 83...... :hi:

Thanks Bill!! Or if I upgrade......... :wishluck:

Really nice looking 4.5.

Thanks! Had to grab a copy before the prices go completely :screwy:

Congrats on your very very awesome grab..it does look mighty sweet..

aaaaaaaand coincidentally, with the book I was just about to post, acquired two days ago. Much smaller printing than the original and it was distributed all throughout South America...some survived..this is one of them ..from the summer of 63.. :banana:

See, this is interesting. The JIM 83 cover on the South American issue is the "unedited" version of the original, as published, JIM 83.

Note the number of "Stone Men From Saturn" descending on Thor.

92521.jpg.aa3f80796831c16432b93ab49e39f189.jpg

JIM8345.jpg

Really nice looking 4.5.

aaaaaaaand coincidentally, with the book I was just about to post, acquired two days ago. Much smaller printing than the original and it was distributed all throughout South America...some survived..this is one of them ..from the summer of 63.. :banana:

See, this is interesting. The JIM 83 cover on the South American issue is the "unedited" version of the original, as published, JIM 83.

I think I like the edited version better. Thor stands out more in the edited version (which was probably the point).

JIM8345.jpg

Really nice looking 4.5.

I think I like the edited version better. Thor stands out more in the edited version (which was probably the point).

... hm Edited by Chespirito

JIM8345.jpg

Really nice looking 4.5.

I know, luckily I picked up a copy along with my Hulk 2 years ago from the same original owner. Funny enough the owner contacted me a year later and wanted them back, which I was glad to do, but wanted to pay me less for them. (shrug)

JIM83front.jpg

IH1frnt.jpg

Sweet books!! :headbang: He wanted to pay you less? Was he a dealer? :sick:

No I dont think he was a dealer, as he said he had bought them from a friend and was selling them to buy an old antique car. Apparently his friend past last year and he contacted me and wanted to buy back the Hulk as it was sentimental to him. I said sure no problem what did you have in mind?

He offered me 300 dollars less than I gave him and said that's all he could afford. I said if you can find me a replacement Hulk for that price I'd be glad to give it back to you.

Never heard from him again. I think he was just trying to make me feel sorry for him. Not sure though...