• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

got this in today :cloud9:

GARGAN005.jpg

One of my favorite Ditko issues :applause: and that looks way better than a 5.5!

yeah i definitly think it looks better then 5.5.

id resub it, but i really like the old labels

Edited by tortoise

Isn't this the cover that put the govt. people over the edge when trying to ban comics??

Yes, it is one of a couple. If interested in that whole story about how the CCA (Comics Code Authority) came about, there is a book called ""Ten Cent Plague - The Great Comic Book Scare and How It Changed America". An interesting read (thumbs u

CrimeSuspenStories22.jpg

And another that "put them over the edge!"

:devil:

CrimeSuspenStories20.jpg

I am happy with the #22, but I want to upgrade the 20. It has a couple of small pieces of tape and general wear. I'd be happy with VF copies of both. I also want to upgrade this one....

Another "Grail" of mine. I collect the drug/alcohol storyline and this has got to be one of the top books to have in that type of collection.

:cloud9:

ShockSuspenStories12.jpg

Great books!

Again, for anyone interested in the story behind the CCA, the book mentioned above is a great read. You can pick it up at any of the big book stores, or cheap on eBay!

Thanks!

G :hi: