• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

TOS37001.jpg

Sweet book! ive always loved this cover and wish they would have used this character as an IM villain.

(thumbs u And he coulda used some cool early villains! Gargantus, Kala/ Queen of the Netherworld, Mr Doll?!?! doh! With all the good villains going to the FF + Spidey, it took awhile for Stan to get warmed up on ol' shellhead.

Got some new comics from the Emerald City Comic Con last Saturday.

The dealer that sold it to me graded it 8.5. It was originally $30.00 but he had it at half price so I got a $40.00 value book for less than half that! :banana:

2gtynmw.jpg

Got this for $6.00. Pretty nice, maybe a 6.5 or 11ce5vb.jpg

Got my Daredevil #30 signed by Stan Lee!!

eb7nsz.jpg

More coming soon.

Edited by 091795

Cross-post from This Week in Your Bronze Age Collection thread--which not enough people visit, sadly.

I haven't had time to scan and post for a fairly long while, so this is a bit of a luxury. And a lot of fun I've missed. Pardon the bags.

Spent this afternoon going to the excellent one-day show in Woburn, MA to take care of some business, and ending up buying these gems. Unfortunately, according to GACollectibles and Dick Pontoon, I missed the real blowout. Just before I got there, the seller of these books started selling HG bronze for a buck a book. One guy bought about 6 short boxes, including all of the Marvel horror, and what I suspect were beautiful early-mid 70's Archies. Dick Pontoon got some good loot, too, I think. The books all looked like NM's in the bags, but closer inspection found lots of NBCs and pen indentations. I still managed to pull out these gems for about $5 a book. Range from 8.5 -9.4 with most being 9.2's.

Psyched about this one. Looks unread--don't know if the tear on the llc is bindery or not. Definitely the sweetest bargain copy I've come across.

IMG_0002-28.jpg

This whole run of Superman Family has great nostalgic value for me, so I was VERY pleased with them.

IMG_0001-29.jpg

IMG-36.jpg]

Some sweet DC war.

IMG_0004-23.jpg

A nice Lois:

IMG_0005-22.jpg]

And good Adams cover:

IMG_0006-19.jpg

And some random DC's:

IMG_0013-5.jpg

IMG_0010-12.jpg

A Harvey I was pleased with:

IMG_0012-6.jpg

And some very nice Marvel reprints, including picture frames.

IMG_0017-2.jpg]

[IMG_0016-3.jpg

IMG_0015-4.jpg

IMG_0007-17.jpg

IMG_0014-4.jpg

IMG_0011-9.jpg

And a couple of Little Archie Giants

IMG_0009-13.jpg

IMG_0008-17.jpg

Hi guys, newbie here. Well, newbie to these boards not Comics in general. I started reading these things over 40 years ago. Stopped/started many times in my life but as of a month ago..I'm back! Love Comics. Love the old stuff as well as some of the newer titles.

I just had one question, and most of you guys may rip me for it. But what is the fascination with CGC Comics? Other than making a profit I can't see why anyone would want something that you can never get your hands on to read. I enjoy opening up the Book, reading it, poring over the ads, everything. To me I just have no interest in CGC'd books. Okay...fire away!

Hi guys, newbie here. Well, newbie to these boards not Comics in general. I started reading these things over 40 years ago. Stopped/started many times in my life but as of a month ago..I'm back! Love Comics. Love the old stuff as well as some of the newer titles.

I just had one question, and most of you guys may rip me for it. But what is the fascination with CGC Comics? Other than making a profit I can't see why anyone would want something that you can never get your hands on to read. I enjoy opening up the Book, reading it, poring over the ads, everything. To me I just have no interest in CGC'd books. Okay...fire away!

good question,

i love the resto check, i liket getting a grade that most the comic world trust, i like getting a sweet display case ( easier to show friends/handle)...plus when i do trade or sell...i dont have to worry about he said/she said grading.. with cgc it is what it is.....

Edited by c-mack

Ya no one said you have to leave them in the slabs. Some people like it, some don't.

I buy comic books plain and simple. Sometimes they happen to be graded, especially buying online. Makes it easier sometimes. Get rid of a lot of worry.

Spend some money on Ebay for raw books and all will become clear (thumbs u

Spend some money on Ebay for raw books and all will become clear (thumbs u

+1 (thumbs u

I was of the same opinion as yourself, why buy something you can't read? but like ckp1680 rightly says, i got sick of either sending over graded books back or selling them on for a loss, so i turned to buying cgc books.

Not all collectors are grade conscious, but a lot of us are, so cgc is a safer way to buy books, if everyone graded strictly, maybe cgc might not be as popular.

I like to use CGC b/c they can restore check the book,they're easy to store without damaging the book,I can show off my CGC books without worrying about someone damaging the book,they're easy to display,and should you sell them you don't have to worry about the grade since the book is already graded :cool:

Oh,and WTTB :) (hope you survive the asylum :insane: )