• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Pulled this off of E-Bay with my last $15. I have had one of the OA pages from this book for a number of years now (Got it in an auction with some McFarlane signed Spider-Man #1's.. I think a girlfriend/wife was cleaning house). It is the same size as a regular OA page so I have no idea how to really protect it.

DSC_0621.jpg

What kind of comic is this one? I've never seen this cover before.

V/R, Mike

It's not really a comic. It is a large book OA sized as mentioned that starts a story and you finish it. It start out as completely done other pages need to be colored, inked, and you finish the rest. the cover is a very thick stock. I picked up one about 12+ years ago at a discount chain

A sad day for my collection.The local corner store(open since the early 50's)

closed this week.They always kept a decent spread,and took care of the comics

before and when you bought them.I bought a few books a month from them for the

last dozen years,and now,it's a Chinese grocer.Nothing wrong with that,and happy

holidays Mike,but I am sad. :( .That's Mike jr in the back.

0081.jpg

Edited by porcupine48

New stuff fresh from Da-Bay. :banana:

scanDa-Bay10001.jpg

:whee:

I have this reprint. Thought it was a 1st print when I grabbed it from the 50 cent bins at ECCC :eek:

Me too. But at least I can say I have Bone #1? :whistle:

Very nice copy,1st print? :applause:

Don't know? Lemme check............Yes, of this issue. :)

It's not really a comic. It is a large book OA sized as mentioned that starts a story and you finish it. It start out as completely done other pages need to be colored, inked, and you finish the rest. the cover is a very thick stock. I picked up one about 12+ years ago at a discount chain

Here is a wiki article on the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Try-out_Book

And Brian is right it is the same size as a regular OA page. The first three pages are all finished penciled, inked, colored, and lettered. The rest of the pages are section off for colors, inks, letters, plots, and pencils. Mark Bagley was the biggest name to come out of the competition for the book. I should have taken a pic of it with another book to get a perspective on the size.

Another DC Bronze Age First Issue... Super DC Giant #13, highest graded. Two copies exist. Greggy owns the other one.

SupDCGt_13cs.jpg

Big thanks to Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson at Worldwide Comics for contributing to my "Be Like Greggy" initiative. I have to tell you folks, trying to be like Greggy is expensive... but rewarding if you love bronze DCs!

Another DC Bronze Age First Issue... Super DC Giant #13, highest graded. Two copies exist. Greggy owns the other one.

SupDCGt_13cs.jpg

Big thanks to Stephen Ritter and Matt Nelson at Worldwide Comics for contributing to my "Be Like Greggy" initiative. I have to tell you folks, trying to be like Greggy is expensive... but rewarding if you love bronze DCs!

Sweet book. greggy would love that copy because it has a giant nutsack crease. :luhv:

A sad day for my collection.The local corner store(open since the early 50's)

closed this week.They always kept a decent spread,and took care of the comics

before and when you bought them.I bought a few books a month from them for the

last dozen years,and now,it's a Chinese grocer.Nothing wrong with that,and happy

holidays Mike,but I am sad. :( .That's Mike jr in the back.

0081.jpg

:sorry: Sorry to hear about this. My LCS is a little hole in the wall, but I would be inconsolable if it closed.