• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,189 posts in this topic

I picked this book up recently - I was intrigued by the Trailways stamp, as I used to have to travel by Trailways and Greyhound bus......, with the bums, drunks, drug dealers, pedophiles, and other ne'er-do-wells. Plus, I've been to Wells, NV several times, and it is a small place in the middle of nowhere on I-80, much like the town I live in now. Does anyone else have similar stamped books?

GL1865full.jpg

I picked this book up recently - I was intrigued by the Trailways stamp, as I used to have to travel by Trailways and Greyhound bus......, with the bums, drunks, drug dealers, pedophiles, and other ne'er-do-wells. Plus, I've been to Wells, NV several times, and it is a small place in the middle of nowhere on I-80, much like the town I live in now. Does anyone else have similar stamped books?

GL1865full.jpg

WOW! That is beautiful,and to think it stayed so nice probably sitting next to a bus bench while people waiting for their bus. (worship)

GL1865full.jpg

WOW! That is beautiful,and to think it stayed so nice probably sitting next to a bus bench while people waiting for their bus. (worship)

Thats what i was thinking. I assume those were books they bought to have on the train for kids to read, no?

To find a copy in THAT nice of shape is pretty amazing! I remember a restaurant we used to go to when i was a kid would have comics there for us to read. A lot of them would be valuable if they were HG but every single one of them was beat to living hell. Thats crazy to find one as nice as that GL :applause:

GL1865full.jpg

Thats what i was thinking. I assume those were books they bought to have on the train for kids to read, no?

To find a copy in THAT nice of shape is pretty amazing! I remember a restaurant we used to go to when i was a kid would have comics there for us to read. A lot of them would be valuable if they were HG but every single one of them was beat to living hell. Thats crazy to find one as nice as that GL :applause:

I'm pretty sure they weren't bus-station library copies. I think that was just the date stamp that the in-station store used, just like any other store that sold comics - a date stamp used to track the arrival date on incoming issues, so that they knew when to pull them off the stands and get credit for the unsolds.

Awesome books :applause:

Any of them going to your Registry Sets?

Thanks!

ALL of them are already in my registry :cloud9:

I do NOT sell Avengers unless i've upgraded. It may take 10 years but i will finish that damn run in 9.2+ or die trying :sumo: