• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

that's a lot of books for one week. meh

I know, but it's my first week of posting so I thought I would get away with it... :shy:

[font:Book Antiqua]Never mind...

Great collection

and welcome to the board...[/font]

:grin:

So no Turner in 9.8...that's too bad. Maybe it was the non-foil SS that I remember by Turner in 9.8. It's amazing how many people are searching for these copies. I wonder how many are still around out of the 500...

p.s. thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Edited by pubmonkey

[font:Book Antiqua]Congratulations Chespirito,

Well done...[/font]

:applause:

It took me a long time...when I got it today...I couldn't believe that it was in the condition it was in, maybe my first foreign book sought out to be in this great of condition..

So no Turner in 9.8...that's too bad. Maybe it was the non-foil SS that I remember by Turner in 9.8. It's amazing how many people are searching for these copies. I wonder how many are still around out of the 500...
There is 1 9.8 but its SS.

Heidi.jpg

Now this is the pick of the litter.

Truly rare, very strange and even though it's 40 years old the content still provides controversy and debate.

I know nothing about it, kind sir, could you please elaborate?

Heidi.jpg

Now this is the pick of the litter.

Truly rare, very strange and even though it's 40 years old the content still provides controversy and debate.

I know nothing about it, kind sir, could you please elaborate?

Google is your friend.

Here's a start.Or here.

Essentially, this girl from age 12 appeared at a lot of Science Fiction and Comic Conventions (this is the early seventies) in costumes (Vampirella, Sheena) that were inappropriate for someone that age in a public venue.

The standard argument is that parental pressure resulted in these outings and thus this magazine, courtesy Forrest J Ackerman.

It is an interesting area, but makes me more than a little uneasy . . .

Unique story but I feel like I would have a hard time explaining why I have books with covers like that, no matter how interesting I find the overall story, it would probably make people a tinsy winsy bit uncomfortable and maybe a little uneasy just talking about it.Thank you for the info..