• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,150 posts in this topic

Picked up a bunch of Batman pence copies in the 300s.

BatmanPence.jpg

And a few Whitman covers as well.

BatmanWhitmans.jpg

These are all very nice Bane, but they do not fit your focus of high grade slabbed Bats. You should therefore send them to me immediately. :rulez:

I know but try finding high grade Whitmans & Pence copies! There is only one VF/NM in this bunch, the rest are FN - VFN.

Its the completionist in me that bought them :) My OCD is appeased with each purchase.

Went back to that same warehouse/estate sale that i went to and found that mint copy of uncanny tales 35 last month and found two others. These were aalso 2 bucks each. The girlfriend bought them for me. I'm blessed to have a g/f that not only supports my addiction, but enables me too.

IMG_20120415_195056.jpg

IMG_20120415_195219.jpg

On this one someone decided to write in the top letters and then it looks like someone tried to erase it. It kind of blends in, didnt notice it at first glance. Unfortunate, but still a cool cover nonetheless.

One of my better weeks in a while.

OFF40.jpg

OFF3965.jpg

NavyAction6.jpg

MensAdventures13-Heath.jpg

BattleFront2855-Heath.jpg

BattleFront27-Heath.jpg

FightComics8275.jpg

OAAW182CGC75BApple.jpg

WarComics23Tupenny12500.jpg

Plus a few more Atlas books I need to scan.

Fantastic books, Fay. Been after a Men's Adventures 13 for some time...looks like a great copy, as does the War 23 (one of the best Atlas war covers).

Picked up my third Lady in White in the Dark Mansions of Forbidden Love line from Cimm and have almost a full set now!

DMoFL490.jpg

some great greytone action

Great job. Having those DC Lady in White's has that Gothic romantic look. If I wasn't so busy completing my goals in my collection, I would start a Lady in White collection.

Edited by vane

I found this on ebay the same night. A great Maldoff Batman cover.

batman104.jpg

By higgsboson70 at 2012-04-17

I didn't stop there. I bid on a few books in the minor hour of the Mycomicshop weekly auction, and stumbled upon some really good deals. At mycomicshop.com auctions there doesn't seems to be much bidding or intereset in a lot of the Golden Age. But Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone else.

I bought Red Ryder #10 9.4 ow, highest graded. and compared to what I spent already it was a drop in the bucket. Ended up with a strange mix

Sensation #44 5.0

Strange Advetnures #15 8.5 ow

Strange Adventures #64 6.5 cow (strangely the 2nd highest graded)

Popular Comics #78 9.0 ow

World's Finest #10 7.0

World's Finest #68 6.0 (also strangely the 2nd highest graded, listed as scarce in OS, no idea if it's true)

I guess you would call it a binge