• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,216 posts in this topic

Personal Grail, Epopeya #1 (June 58'). This was a series that recounted Battles from all over the world. This first issue was about the Battle for Chapultepec; The stand of the Mexican Military Academy when The US invaded Mexico. I graduated from that Academy and thought it was neat that this was one of the battles being recounted and that it was put as the First issue. :headbang: :headbang: This is the only issue I have ever come across, and now....I own it!!!

Front

017.png

Back

018.png

I am so super fun smile rainbow happy for you!!!!

Did someone use them covers for a school project or something?

No, that's how they were returned to the distributer for the refund.

The top part of the comic's cover (the title) was returned to the distributor for a refund, the rest of the comic was supposed to be destroyed (by the retailer) - but many, many made their way to the, ummm, secondary market.

It is obviously cheaper to ship part of the cover than the whole comic - and it also means the distributor doesn't have to worry about disposing of thousands of comics - just the bit of the cover that was returned to claim a credit.

I also picked this up from my LCS yesterday. Ive gotten into the statues lately and had been eyeing this for a couple months and the owner gave me an AWESOME cant pass up deal yesterday!

The thing is HUGE and the base must weigh 5lbs. Its almost 2 feet tall and pure awesomeness for me! I didnt even know it lit up until i got it home and unpacked. I couldnt stop staring at it all day yesterday :cloud9:

Great-Ultron-Premium-Format-Figure-4_1314125727.jpg

Love Ultron! And this is an awesome piece. I would love to have one of these myself...

Just to give a little perspective of how massive that Ultron statue is, i took this pic. The other statues are all the regular size ones other than Goliath which compared to the regular ones is HUGE. If you've ever seen these statues you know that the Thanos one is pretty massive compared to the others and the Great Ultron dwarfs him!

Look how freaking big this Great Ultron is compared to the regular Bowen statues!!! :o

bowen5.jpg

Edited by sufunk

Did someone use them covers for a school project or something?

No, that's how they were returned to the distributer for the refund.

The top part of the comic's cover (the title) was returned to the distributor for a refund, the rest of the comic was supposed to be destroyed (by the retailer) - but many, many made their way to the, ummm, secondary market.

It is obviously cheaper to ship part of the cover than the whole comic - and it also means the distributor doesn't have to worry about disposing of thousands of comics - just the bit of the cover that was returned to claim a credit.

DUFF ON!! They still do it with the dailies here...