• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,200 posts in this topic

A few nice additions to my collections over the past few days:

I got the art prints from Mark Brooks at the Calgary Comic Con 2013. Was browsing the back issues at a LCS, and lo and behold, in NM....

may14-1_zps7e303792.jpg

I love tongue in cheek fun stuff, and they were thrown in to a trade without me knowing beforehand, so:

may14-2_zps1dbf06cc.jpg

I actually only bought 217 and 280, but I got all these other X-Men titles for free on top of it :D:

may14-3_zpsd310dfe4.jpg

Full AvX in tpb form... I can keep my individual issues in their bags n boards :cloud9:

may14-4_zps8692949a.jpg

400736_656917047668897_707835975_n.jpg

I picked up Superman #293 a few days ago to join Olsen #115 in my "Superman denies people water" collection!

Interesting collection. I sold one of my wife's students that Jimmy Olsen book along with several other Superman books some months back hm

2cdb73c2e517ca81d8f6da2ffc2942ff_zps145cdbbe.jpg

Love this cover. I am enjoying the collection of vf or higher GA horror much more than HG bronze. It is much harder!

Nice freakin' copy!!

Cheers speedy. Yours is pretty nice too lol very impressive. I have wanted to take the plunge into OA for a few months but don't know where to start.

2cdb73c2e517ca81d8f6da2ffc2942ff_zps145cdbbe.jpg

Love this cover. I am enjoying the collection of vf or higher GA horror much more than HG bronze. It is much harder!

Nice freakin' copy!!

Cheers speedy. Yours is pretty nice too lol very impressive. I have wanted to take the plunge into OA for a few months but don't know where to start.

Great copy of a great book! Another Pre-Code buyer hits the market... GAAAHHHHH :ohnoez: Welcome to the nut house.

Art Adams JLA Cover

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

artadamsjlascarymonster.jpg

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

That is *ing killer.

To follow up my Art Adams JLA cover, I got two Paul Smith UXM pages. :luhv:

xmen1688boards.jpg

:luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv:

xmen1691boards.jpg

I don't know if it's just true of every page from this era, but I fully remember both of these pages, and loved them both when they came out 30 years ago.

You're on a role w/ OA. Did you make the switch from comics to OA?

P.S. I am getting a new piece tomorrow as well. Classic cover IMHO to a hot book right now. Wanting to skip work just to meet it at the door lol.

You're on a role w/ OA. Did you make the switch from comics to OA?

P.S. I am getting a new piece tomorrow as well. Classic cover IMHO to a hot book right now. Wanting to skip work just to meet it at the door lol.

The comics jones has definitely fallen way off. I've got most of the Infantino covers I want (except Showcase 4 :mad:). The PCHes can still catch my eye, but yes, OA is much more appealing these days. Also, after a couple few years of getting commissions, I'm more into the published stuff now.

Whatcha got coming? I hope you'll be sharing...

I pretty much quit collecting comics except for a very select few. My main focus is now art I couldn't afford as I was buying too many comics. I also eliminated most of my OA and am pretty much starting over. I will definitely be sharing when I get it tomorrow. It's the most I've every spent on comic art.

I pretty much quit collecting comic except for a very select few. My main focus is now art I couldn't afford as I was buying too many comics. I also eliminated most of my OA and am pretty much starting over. I will definitely be sharing when I get it tomorrow. It's the most I've every spent on comic art.

I'm sure we're in different price ranges, but that Adams cover was at least 30% more than I'd ever spent on OA.

Tell me about it. I inquired about a Neal Adams commission as he will be at the PhxCon. I was serious about get one until I heard the price. He wants 1200.00 per figure and if you want a background you are looking at 10k (as it is similar to a cover). I can get his published pieces for that or less (except covers)

I've had reasonable luck getting Neal Adams head sketches at decent discounts at shows. He starts them off at ~$500, but you can often get them for more like $125 if you're patient.

neal-adams-adam-strange.jpg

neal_adams_green_arrow.jpg

I think the best part of both these drawings was watching him do it. :cloud9:

EPIC variant win today! Did some good trades with a couple of the books I got yesterday a buddy of mine was needing + a lil cash

may15variants_zps06d2cfea.jpg

The New Avengers 7 TRON: Legacy variant = :cloud9: I love Ms Marvel, and I love TRON, so the two together are :ohnoez:

A+X 3 variant is just a cool cover

UXM 522 = probably the rarest of the three covers, and I paid a really great price for it ($15)

All said, $25 + trades for those three = :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: