• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

...One of my all-time favorite covers and story,...it doesn't get better than this for me,... cloud9.gif

jla102.jpg

does the Red Tornado look like the Martian Manhunter after falling into a vat of red paint?? or is it just me?? insane.gif

...One of my all-time favorite covers and story,...it doesn't get better than this for me,... cloud9.gif

jla102.jpg

does the Red Tornado look like the Martian Manhunter after falling into a vat of red paint?? or is it just me?? insane.gif

..a little bit,..he turns into a bald white skinned guy in his secret identity back then,...and he even gets a girlfriend,...kind of weird when you think of it , ...but hey,...he's every girl's dream,...a 6'2" vibrator that she can turn off when she's done with him,.... confused-smiley-013.gif

So Rocket when will you be selling these books?

I've been trying to pry them out of his hands for awhile now... Christo_pull_hair.gif

...as I've explained to Greggy already,...they will be available when I'm dead and burned,...however I do plan to take some books with me when I pass,...it all depends on how many carry-ons you're allowed to bring when you go to Hell,..., devil.gif...

I've been trying to pry them out of his hands for awhile now... Christo_pull_hair.gif

...as I've explained to Greggy already,...they will be available when I'm dead and burned,...however I do plan to take some books with me when I pass,...it all depends on how many carry-ons you're allowed to bring when you go to Hell,..., devil.gif...

There was a funny "6 Feet Under" episode about this. Two comic collectors break into the mortuary to steel a valuable comic that's about to be buried with their dead friend.

There was a funny "6 Feet Under" episode about this. Two comic collectors break into the mortuary to steel a valuable comic that's about to be buried with their dead friend.

How would you get rid of the dead smell from the comic 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You sell it. It could be the first book from the "Dead Man's Clutches" pedigree

You sell it. It could be the first book from the "Dead Man's Clutches" pedigree

insane.gif

The fictional comic from that episode was Blue Twister #1. Artist Eric Wight designed the cover and a few interior pages for the show. He also did all the comic art that character Seth Cohen "drew" on Fox's "The O.C."....

Blue%20Twister%20Cover.jpg

You can see more of Eric's art here:

http://www.ewight.blogspot.com/

I need a Blue Twister #1!

Here's a book I've been looking for in high grade for a long time. Probably not special to most, but one of my favorite covers when I was a kid...

detective457.jpg

I need a Blue Twister #1!

Here's a book I've been looking for in high grade for a long time. Probably not special to most, but one of my favorite covers when I was a kid...

detective457.jpg

Also one of the favorite covers from my formative collecting years too. I still have my fine copy and am a little jealous of your gorgeous example. wink.gif

I always liked the fact that the thing that created the Batman was illustrated within the confines of his head/cowl area, making it seem as if it was showing a memory of his that the reader was privy to. It would not be as powerful if the image was displayed somewhere else on the cover with a smaller head shot. A nice little illustrative touch in my opinion.

Scott

I haven't gotten them back yet, but...

Amazing Spiderman #129 - CGC 7.0

Superman Colour Comics #26 - CGC 4.5

Showcase #3 - CGC 4.5

Moon Knight #1 Current series (Sketch) - CGC 9.8

Moon Knight #1 Current series (Regular) - CGC 9.6

Secret Wars #8 - CGC 9.6

DC Comics Presents (Double cover) - CGC 9.2

Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk #1 (Sketch) - CGC 9.4

Red Sonja #8 (Negative edition) - CGC 9.6

Entombed Wolverine Blues #nn - CGC 9.2