• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

I got several books back recently from CGC (will post picks soon):

The Great/Good:

Uncanny X-Men #30 - 9.8 (Wedding of Jean & Scott, totally happy with this. This is one of my favorite covers.)

Witchblade 1/2 - Ruby Vairant - 9.8 (Only 500 made total, highest grade)

Wolverine Origins #10 Retailer 3rd Claw Variant - 9.6 (Looks better then all my other 9.6's)

Army of Darkness #13 - Phillips Reg Cover - 9.6 (Knew it was a 9.6 when I sent it in, but with the heat that the Zombies bring, should still do fine.)

The Ok:

Uncanny X-Men 268 - 9.4 (Jim Lee cover with Cap, Wolvie & Widow, thought it was a 9.6)

Thuderbolts 110 Venom Variant - 9.6 (Swore this was at least a 9.8...).

The Very Disappointing:

Uncanny X-Men 248 - 8.0 (Got the info, thought it was a 9.8, was told that by GCG that they though it was a 9.6 except for a 8-inch bend on the the back..... I never look at the backs....shoot)

Ucanny X-Men 80 (90's) DF Cover - 9.4 (Was hoping for at least a 9.6. And it came back as Qualified because of the DF sticker on the back)

Uncanny X-Men 266 - 7.5 (1st Gambit, it looks great in the plastic. CGC said it had a faint crease on both the front and back...which I knew about...but didn't think it'd hurt the grade as much as it did. I thought it was an 8.5 or 9.0. One grader gave it an 8.0. Oh well.).

Two more beauties picked up this week, Cap 100 CGC 9.8w and Silver Surver 4 CGC 9.6 (it has been a very good week) cloud9.gif. I must say that while you can certainly find these books if you look for them, I thought these two were really are superb copies I was completely thrilled when I was able to get them.

Cap100CGC9.jpg

SS4CGC9.jpg

Two more beauties picked up this week, Cap 100 CGC 9.8w and Silver Surver 4 CGC 9.6 (it has been a very good week) cloud9.gif. I must say that while you can certainly find these books if you look for them, I thought these two were really are superb copies I was completely thrilled when I was able to get them.

Cap100CGC9.jpg

SS4CGC9.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif Nice books. BTW, did you hit the Mega Million lottery? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Cap100CGC9.jpg

SS4CGC9.jpg

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif