• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,187 posts in this topic

Some more pre-code goodness that arrived today, this time one of the most famous crime/horror comics of them all. This issue figured prominently in Wertham's SOTI and in the Senate hearings...in fact, it was this issue that put Gaines on the spot when he claimed the cover was "in good taste". What a cool little slice of comic and pop culture history.

cloud9.gif

crimesuspen22.jpg

This book is the perfect "bookend" to the hanging cover. Unfortunately echoes of SOTI exist in many different forms today. Bleeping all the curse words out of old rock songs? C'mon!!! Petty BS sumo.gif893censored-thumb.gifsumo.gif

Some more pre-code goodness that arrived today, this time one of the most famous crime/horror comics of them all. This issue figured prominently in Wertham's SOTI and in the Senate hearings...in fact, it was this issue that put Gaines on the spot when he claimed the cover was "in good taste". What a cool little slice of comic and pop culture history.

cloud9.gif

One of my all time favorite EC covers... up there with Weird Science #12 ("Good Lord! Your shrinking Carl!"), the Frazetta Weird Science Fantasy cover, and the uncensored Vault of Horror #32!

Congrats! Beautiful (is that the right word?) book!

Just back from Wizard World LA. Harley Yee saved the day for me with these sweet books. These two Superboys filled in holes that give me a 25 issue run from 45-69 now:

sb52.jpg

sb65.jpg

This Superman is ridiculous to get in any kind of collectible grade. A nice presentable copy with beautiful white pages:

sm126.jpg

This Action is not one of the better covers from the era, but this is a beautiful copy:

act296.jpg

The only other book I bought was from A-1, a nice clean copy of Lois Lane 12:

ll12.jpg

Some nice pickups. You Marvel collectors have it easy...for you guys it's just a matter of the money for nice copies...us DC collectors actually have to work at this shy.gif

Yeah and the odd part about these 2 books is... I have never been able to get ahold of either. Something has always come up. No money at the time, sorry it was just sold, it's being held for someone, etc, ...

Finally, good readers copies. All from my LCS from a customer selling his stuff. Picked them both up today from the same collection. This never happens to me.

Damn luck must be changing. 27_laughing.gif

cloud9.gif

crimesuspen22.jpg

I remember reading about this one. I think Gaines claimed that if it had been done in bad taste, the bloody neck stump would be in plain view....,