• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Well it was a First-Golden-Age-book-Week for me as well...With some luck I should finish my Silver Age collection this year and had been wondering what I would do next.

The Bat-collection that Zaid put in the Marketplace last week may very well have made up my mind cloud9.gif

When I saw this book, I just couldn't resist, had a great time today reading my very first GA book thumbsup2.gif

bat37.jpg

Awesome first Golden Age Book!

I never realized there were so many Joker stories in the first 100 issues of Bats!

Thanks smile.gif

I love yours as well...I was looking at it when Mark put it up for sale, and absolutely loved it. it's one of the most dynamic Bat covers ever.

I thought about getting it, but I'm a completionist by nature. I'll prolly never get a Bats #1...so I don't see the point of buying the other books. But I am thinking of starting a collection with all the Batman GA Joker covers 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have Batman 200 - 400 nearly complete now and adding all Joker covers before those issues would make a nice project 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus it would include Batman #11 which is my fav batman cover

Well it was a First-Golden-Age-book-Week for me as well...With some luck I should finish my Silver Age collection this year and had been wondering what I would do next.

The Bat-collection that Zaid put in the Marketplace last week may very well have made up my mind cloud9.gif

When I saw this book, I just couldn't resist, had a great time today reading my very first GA book thumbsup2.gif

bat37.jpg

Awesome first Golden Age Book!

I never realized there were so many Joker stories in the first 100 issues of Bats!

Thanks smile.gif

I love yours as well...I was looking at it when Mark put it up for sale, and absolutely loved it. it's one of the most dynamic Bat covers ever.

I thought about getting it, but I'm a completionist by nature. I'll prolly never get a Bats #1...so I don't see the point of buying the other books. But I am thinking of starting a collection with all the Batman GA Joker covers 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have Batman 200 - 400 nearly complete now and adding all Joker covers before those issues would make a nice project 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Plus it would include Batman #11 which is my fav batman cover

Nicely done Chromium! And a Joker cover to boot!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Two pretty sweet books I've been looking for for a while:

Avengers71.jpgscan0002.jpg

Ahhhh!, so that's where that Kng-Size Invaders #1 went to. I had it on my watch list, then it ended as no longer available for sale. Congrats on it being you who got it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats on the Avengers #71 too! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Two pretty sweet books I've been looking for for a while:

Avengers71.jpgscan0002.jpg

Ahhhh!, so that's where that Kng-Size Invaders #1 went to. I had it on my watch list, then it ended as no longer available for sale. Congrats on it being you who got it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats on the Avengers #71 too! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks.

I had it on my watch list, too when it was pulled. I contacted the seller who was selling it on consignment. He gave me the owner's information, and we eventually worked out a deal.

Ijiwaru means happy camper this evening.

Awesome books that look great together cloud9.gif A Schomburg cover on the Invaders to boot hail.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Thanks.

It's funny. My collecting interests are extremely narrow. I've been hunting for these two for a while, and then the two of them pop up within a few weeks of each other. Also kind of neat that they tell the same story from different vantage points as well.

I purchased all of these books raw at Megacon from Wes Hagen. If you get the chance visit his booth at the shows since he always has a lot of good stuff for a reasonable price. I brought these to the CGC booth the same day and they finally arrived today. Needless to say I am very happy...

scan0010-4.jpg

scan0009-3.jpg

scan0008-3.jpg

scan0007-3.jpg