• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

cool books Andy!!! There's something about GA books that has such a classic afternoon matinee look about them...like classic black and white movie posters... must stay away from this genre.... spending would become too much foreheadslap.gif

Thanks. Funny you mention their similarity to movie posters.....you will never guess what I just started collecting. crazy.gif

I actually have "The Mummy", "Dracula" and " Frankenstein" movie posters hanging in my home office.. .albeit...replicas... but every detail even down to the exact size ... I love them.. reminds me so much of growing up cloud9.gif

Amen, brethren! The Spirit is very high on my list... I'll try to unearth a few of the Spirit newspaper promo comics I've accumulated over the years...those are pretty cool and I don't think I've ever seen any posted on the boards..?

In the meantime, here are two recent additions I picked up...

1831910-Defenders-1-fc.jpg.2d24bdf8271515d8ced2234ae3c348d4.jpg

Amen, brethren! The Spirit is very high on my list... I'll try to unearth a few of the Spirit newspaper promo comics I've accumulated over the years...those are pretty cool and I don't think I've ever seen any posted on the boards..?

What?! poke2.gif Go over to the Gold forum and search the promotional comics thread. I posted some of mine there. In fact, here's a link to the thread where I posted them

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...part=5&vc=1

Angelo

thanks, Watcher!

I'm off to check out that thread right now...dunno if I've ever looked at it before, and I've got a fair number of promo comics (maybe 50 of which are GA)... cool beans!

Out of curiosity, which papers are most of these Spirit sections from? Mine are from The Baltimore Sun, A Philly newspaper, and a Chicago paper...

thanks, Watcher!

I'm off to check out that thread right now...dunno if I've ever looked at it before, and I've got a fair number of promo comics (maybe 50 of which are GA)... cool beans!

Out of curiosity, which papers are most of these Spirit sections from? Mine are from The Baltimore Sun, A Philly newspaper, and a Chicago paper...

I've got between 130-150 and they're mostly from the ones you've stated: Chicago Sun, Baltimore Sun, Philladelphia Enquirer. Also have some from the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Once I get my scanner, I'm gonna scan all of them and post them in a thread.

Angelo

Not trying to be funny here, but these pop up on eBay from time to time. I never thought they were really as rare as you say, but I'll start apying attention now.

I'm a big time Spirit fan! yay.gif

The print run was 2,000 and 500+ were lost in a flood. Rarity is subjective, but the numbers don't lie. confused-smiley-013.gif

Next time you see one let me know. If you don't want it, I do.

I didn't know they really are relatively rare! 893whatthe.gif

I always took it as you general eBay hype.