• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

I could not resist this book the other night in the Clink auction. It was actually the first title I began collecting from issue #1 back when I began dabbling in comics. I also remember selling boxes of dreck back in the 90's and clearly recall letting go of all my Roms, yes even 17 and 18 that had Xmen appearances. Yes they were worth about $1.50 each and #1 never really made it to a comic book wall anywhere. Such a sad book I picked to collect. It wasn't until CGC created the Rom 1 CGC 9.8 that made me sick of the crappy books I had dumped for cheap. I have seen these Rom 1s selling for over $200 and I just tried to look away for far too many years it seams. Well when I saw this book and its nifty centering and all, I just dove in. Sure its a silly book, but means a little bit to me. Funny I never even knew Frank Miller did the cover.

photo6_zps2a6f2b47.jpg

I could not resist this book the other night in the Clink auction. It was actually the first title I began collecting from issue #1 back when I began dabbling in comics. I also remember selling boxes of dreck back in the 90's and clearly recall letting go of all my Roms, yes even 17 and 18 that had Xmen appearances. Yes they were worth about $1.50 each and #1 never really made it to a comic book wall anywhere. Such a sad book I picked to collect. It wasn't until CGC created the Rom 1 CGC 9.8 that made me sick of the crappy books I had dumped for cheap. I have seen these Rom 1s selling for over $200 and I just tried to look away for far too many years it seams. Well when I saw this book and its nifty centering and all, I just dove in. Sure its a silly book, but means a little bit to me. Funny I never even knew Frank Miller did the cover.

photo6_zps2a6f2b47.jpg

Nothing silly about it. It's a beaut!

Space knight like R.O.M

Consume planets like Unicron,

Blastin' Photon bombs from the arm like Galvatron.

If the RZA thinks R.O.M is cool enough to rap about..... You're good :cool: